The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I'm going to do my theory test this summer and learn to drive soon, this is possible and can anyone give me some hints and tips for the theory?

Its due to finiancial and family illness that i need to learn to drive soon.
Reply 9981
Oh yeah, I'm going backwards. Forgot a shoulder check when moving off, hit the kerb when turning left on two occasions, then got dualled as I was emerging from some weird give way thing. Can't really explain it, would need a hastily-drawn paint diagram which I can't be arsed doing.

WAAAAH.
Sapphire_Eyes
Hi

I'm going to do my theory test this summer and learn to drive soon, this is possible and can anyone give me some hints and tips for the theory?

Its due to finiancial and family illness that i need to learn to drive soon.

http://www.2pass.co.uk/ This website is very helpful for theory and practical driving.

I'm also concentrating on my theory test - good luck on yours! :smile:
I really need to start 'revising' for my theory. I really wanna past my test by June
Theory in a few weeks, got a lesson on Tuesday (my birthday) :biggrin:
Oh Happy Birthday for Tuesday.
I got a lesson then as well, doing reverse parking :s-smilie:
Reply 9986
Managed to sleep in yesterday and woke up half an hour after my driving lesson was due to start. No missed calls on my phone or anything, which is a bit odd. I have no credit so I've had to send him an email.

Gah.
C274
Oh yeah, I'm going backwards. Forgot a shoulder check when moving off, hit the kerb when turning left on two occasions, then got dualled as I was emerging from some weird give way thing. Can't really explain it, would need a hastily-drawn paint diagram which I can't be arsed doing.

WAAAAH.

Nah you're not going backwards, it was just an "off day!" We all have them, next lesson you'll be absolutely fine and will do loads better, just think postively! Learn from your previous lessons mistakes, that's what i try and do every lesson. (Although having said that, i stalled 4 times within the first 5 minutes of my last lesson, can't really tell you why i did, but it was just an off day yaassss!)
Had my first lesson since september today! So technically this is my 5th lesson - but really like my first! Despite that - I pretty much jumped back to being able to drive around and stuff! Awesome ^_^
Mock test on Saturday. :awesome:

Passed my theory last Friday, so should be ready to book soon. I was really pleased with my hazard perception, more 5s than anything else, nine on the double clip, no lower than a three. Got a three wrong on the multiple choice, and stupid mistakes like misreading it or not giving it enough time. Anyone yet to take, you have nearly an hour, READ every question. A couple more mistakes and it would have been a fail, so not worth it.
Reply 9990
Post 10000 :woo:
I need to find a new instructor :sigh:
Aghh my first practical test is a week today.

I've suddenly gone really backwards with roundabouts :frown: Hesitating, but deciding to hesitate too late... so going over the giveway lines to wait. Then I still decide to go when it isn't safe.

Any advice? I was fine with roundabouts until last week, when I stalled in the middle of one! (I'd never done that before..).
Had another lesson today. Went quite well I thought. Even if at one point, I thought I'd chosen 4th instead of 2nd when I was in 3rd. Starting to feel more in control of the car and starting to improve my spatial awareness. At the moment I've been a bit too far over the road and not being far enough over the road when there's obstructions on my side. But all in all, I'd say it went quite well today, and I need to reapply for my licence, as I lost the paper bit (woops) so I'll do that either tomorrow when I get paid or see if I can con my parents into buying it for me! (That's what parents are for, right? :P)
And that's 10,000 posts guys. This thread is now closed, and a new one shall appear but momentarily...

quick question im from northern ireland and I am sitting my theory in scotland and am unable to get my paper counterpart over in time is a photo of the counterpart allowed?
Original post by tiger_vio
grrrrrrrrrrrr
so fed up of driving now
fed up of stalling! :mad:

know the feeling....considering auto...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending