The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm not specifically asking my ADI although, he is likely to answer!

I'm using another driving forum aimed at learner drivers, with a ask an ADI section! :smile:
~Kirsty~
I'm not specifically asking my ADI although, he is likely to answer!

I'm using another driving forum aimed at learner drivers, with a ask an ADI section! :smile:

which forum
Reply 1382
I'm awful at driving! I've had about 11 lessons so far and I feel like I've only progressed a tiny amount. It just seems to take me so much longer than anyone else to get things right. At the moment, I just generally drive around quiet roads and I can see myself doing the same thing in the next 10 lessons. :frown: Frustrating.

I'm awful at driving! I've had about 11 lessons so far and I feel like I've only progressed a tiny amount. It just seems to take me so much longer than anyone else to get things right. At the moment, I just generally drive around quiet roads and I can see myself doing the same thing in the next 10 lessons. Frustrating.

i was the same after 11 lessons i was still driving around quiet rouds but i'm on my
16th now and doing town centres. Don't worry you'll move on soon, if you don't think about changing your instructor because you don't have to be perfect to drive on busier roads, i still stall, oversteer and do pretty poor gear changes.
Reply 1384
Katie_J87
i was the same after 11 lessons i was still driving around quiet rouds but i'm on my
16th now and doing town centres. Don't worry you'll move on soon, if you don't think about changing your instructor because you don't have to be perfect to drive on busier roads, i still stall, oversteer and do pretty poor gear changes.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll see how things go for the next couple of lessons or so. My instructor is quite good, supportive and always gives me praise when I do well. I keep comparing myself to a mate who's had less lessons than I have and is a lot better than me already (and he likes to brag about it lol).
Reply 1385
silly old people turning right in front of my turning rightand then blocking me in at a wierd angle so I ALMOST hit the pavement so I reversed(checked road was clear first obv) and then corrected myself:proud:.I know it's a baddd thing to do but I didn't want my car smashed in after it's MOT :redface:
I keep comparing myself to a mate who's had less lessons than I have and is a lot better than me already (and he likes to brag about it lol).

I bet he was hopeless first lesson round, lol. It just comes to some people quicker. I know its frustrating though all my friends past before me and then when i ask them about any problems they had when driving they seem to conviniently forget, they pretend they never had any problems, i think a lot of people like to pretend they are better than they actually are.
brokenangel
which forum

I don't think i'm allowed to post links to other forums.

Have you heard of 2pass? Its a site with loads of information to do with the driving test, and driving in general and has videos etc for the manovres.
Reply 1388
hai there again guyzzzz. Anyway I hash a queschen :teeth:. To have the ADI sit in my test or not? I've been thinking about this for hella long :yy:
pros and cons! let's discuss!
To have the ADI sit in my test or not? I've been thinking about this for hella long

I didn't know they could?
I would definatly have someone sit with me for reassurance.
This may sound really odd but can a relative sit with you? My dads been teaching me along with my ADI and i would feel so much better if my dad could sit in my test, he is an amazing teacher (even my ADI thinks he's doing well, because i've made so much progress) and he gives me so much reassurance and makes me so calm.
Anyway so could that happen or does it have to be a ADI? Also what do you think the cons would be?
Original post by &#9829
hai there again guyzzzz. Anyway I hash a queschen :teeth:. To have the ADI sit in my test or not? I've been thinking about this for hella long :yy:

I'm thinking no because having 2 pairs of eyes watching you, and he might show his reaction when your doing stuff wrong on things like reversing round the corner.

Too much pressure in my opinion.
Oh god i'd die if my ADI was there as well.

Adon - dont worry, everyone learns at their own pace. I've been learning a year last July...and thats a long time! Although my test is not too long into the future. There will be some people who are naturals, but are rubbish at reading the road, and theres the other way round. Some instructors are a bit more prompt with learning, shift you on quite quickly, which makes someone feel better than they actually are. I bet your friend isnt half as good as they say!

Just try not to be affected by it, every situation is different. All you need to think about is your own learning, not anyone elses. And if you do things wrong, try again. Dont give up or lose all your nerve like i sometimes do.

Enjoy learning!
Reply 1392
~Kirsty~
I'm thinking no because having 2 pairs of eyes watching you, and he might show his reaction when your doing stuff wrong on things like reversing round the corner.

Too much pressure in my opinion.

I was thinking EXCACTLY the same!
~Kirsty~
I'm going to go ask an expert - Expect an answer later on today! :smile:

Official answer on the stopping because of an animal is stopping would not be an error but hitting the beast would be. :smile:
Reply 1395
~Kirsty~
Official answer on the stopping because of an animal is stopping would not be an error but hitting the beast would be. :smile:

the beast :rofl:
hitting the animal sounded too boring. The question was answered by an ex-driving examiner, so its pretty solid info! :smile:
Reply 1397
~Kirsty~
hitting the animal sounded too boring. The question was answered by an ex-driving examiner, so its pretty solid info! :smile:

I saw
:ninja:
/end stalker
p.s. gramps david ftw :ninja2:
hehe - i guess you saw, the others might not. :smile:
jenren22

I joined it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending