The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Well you need to change to first when you come to a complete stop. Clutch down, come to a stop, then keep the clutch down and change to first. You need the clutch down anyway when waiting obviously because otherwise you'd stall.
Reply 1781
ok :smile: thank you
Anyone watch that drivin programme tonight? :biggrin:.
Can anyone give me a rough idea about what stage I should be at on my 8th/9th lesson?
Nope, not at all. It doesn't matter. Although i would think you should know the basics of driving a car. But seriously, everyone learns at different rates.
jenren22
Anyone watch that drivin programme tonight? :biggrin:.

Yeah I did, it was a good show, dont know if it was a one off or a new series.

TBH, being a learner ATM, it gave me some confidence knowing that my driving isnt as bad as some people on that show, that 55 yr old and the big lass who panicked at mistakes. Just gave me confidence, that I can pass and its about confidence.

Also, is the practical test 40 mins long? I always thought you had an hour lesson before hand with your instructor, then an hour practical?
Reply 1786
that last chance learners last night was pretty hilarious.
What a great programme! I hope it's on again with different people...
Reply 1788
yeah hopefully. Was v interesting. that girl who couldnt reverse park annoyed me though. She could do it she was jus a drama queen tbh.
I thought it was good. That blonde was a complete drama queen...i just kept saying 'shut up and do it you silly woman' :biggrin:. That boy racer made me laugh as well.

Me (whos passed) and my mum (whos been drivin 30 years) and brother (whos never driven) watched it yet who didnt...my other brother who's failed 3 times, had a break and now started again. Oh well :p:.

I cant believe that woman who hadn't driven over 30mph. Im sorry, but she's taken so many tests...who the hell taught her??!!
I've got my 2nd test tomorrow and that Last Chance Learners made me more nervous, but then at the end when I saw some of the drivers who had serious problems pass their tests I calmed myself down a bit! It was a good programme, hopefully it wasn't a one off.
Passed first time with 5 minors yesterday! :biggrin: YAY
I think the programme will give alot of you confidence to say these people were so bad yet they still passed. Fingers crossed for you prettyblueeyes!

Well done Jimi haze :biggrin:.
Reply 1793
Congratulations jenren and jimi! Well deserved I'm sure.
jenren22
I think the programme will give alot of you confidence to say these people were so bad yet they still passed. Fingers crossed for you prettyblueeyes!

Well done Jimi haze :biggrin:.

I though that! One of them, the instructor in the car behind said that he'd definitely failed on something that he did as he did it, and then he still passed! And none of them could park at the end of their test!
What channel was it on?
Failed again! Only have to do it another 5 times and then I can apply for Last Chance Drivers!
brimstone
What channel was it on?

i wanna no that as well
I think it was on ITV.
Yup, it was ITV. Came on Wednesday, 9pm-10.30pm. Dont know if its a one off or a series.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending