The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nally
:ottid: This bugs me as I have a hormone thing and so the hair grows back really quickly and in odd places! I even have hairy big toes!! :p:

I think we have the same problem! I have hairy toes and rapid hair growth issues too.

God, I'm really flattering myself here...hairy toes...
Reply 21
Meh, I'm pretty hairy. I affectionately call them my hobbit feet.
I used to haaaate shaving in the morning. I always used to get a rank shaving rash. I tried different razors, different gels, moisturising etc. In the end, I just shaved in cold water instead of hot and it went away heh.

I tend to go for the stubbled look these days, so that's not so bad. I think the exercise is the worst. You have to do it for ever to get anywhere, and even then it's in soul-destroyingly small increments.

I suppose the worst thing I ever have to do that relates to looks is to stop eating mountains of biscuits though. :frown:
Reply 23
God hates all men.

^o)

Men have it so much easier than women. If men don't shave, the worst result is people thinking they look scruffy. If women don't shave, they're thought of as grotesque.

For the record, I think facial hair on men is sexy.
Reply 24
minimo
I think we have the same problem! I have hairy toes and rapid hair growth issues too.

God, I'm really flattering myself here...hairy toes...

I have PCOS and so take Metformin but it doesn't do much! My housemates think there was a mix up at birth as not only do I have hairy toes, I have size 12 feet! They're convinced I had some bizarre foot gender re-alignment surgery.
Reply 25
Nally
I have PCOS and so take Metformin but it doesn't do much! My housemates think there was a mix up at birth as not only do I have hairy toes, I have size 12 feet! They're convinced I had some bizarre foot gender re-alignment surgery.

I have PCOS too, but size 6 feet My thighs make up for it though :frown:
until recently, i had a really basic make up routine and hated how everyone else seemed to look so flawless and i just looked plain.

and then, i stumbled into my sisters room to borrow something and realised that the reason she looks so pretty is that she has endless products! guttingly, even when she wears no make up she's still pretty but you can see how the make up makes such a difference.

so now ive bought myself more make up and can see a definate improvement but it just takes soooo much time.
luckily i think ive gone so long with just looking plain that im not really bothered about dressing up to go to the shops or anything but its just the time it takes when i do bother that i hate.
Reply 27
Shaving legs. Crotch shave rash. Eugh. I'm seriously considering lasering my bikini line.
Hmm the most annoying thing is probably hair removal. I dont get on well with shaving so I wax mostly which can be expensive, painful and inconvienient at times (having to grow the hair long enough to be waxed for example)

I also wish I had naturally straight hair as I really dont suit curly hair, and straightening my hair is such a chore, especially when its really hot outside.
Its also frazzled my hair even though I use heat protection products.
Reply 29
Cristo
I have ridiculously curly hair, and so every morning I have to blow dry and straighten my hair with a bloody straightener. I hate it, "Well get a hair cut" I hear you say. That's the thing, I have short hair, like 4 inches long is the longest bit of hair. And then I have to do it up with gel or wax, but it's not always easy to make it look nice.

Small bit of advice - L'oreal X-tenso. Not as harsh as those Yuko straightening treatments that make your hair stick straight, but it will loosen your curls and make blow drying so much easier. Hair will also be a lot smoother. Chances are you probably might not even have to go over it with a hair straightener.

I have a long hair (which I chose to grow long as it was and still is so rather thick and curly), so I share your frustration! Not sure if I would have time to keep doing it every morning, but X-tenso made life a lot easier :smile:
Reply 30
xblue
PAINTING TOENAILS. Like wtf it's the most fiddly thing in the world. And I'm seriously pissed because i just spilt a big bottle like EVERYWHERE and now my room stinks like nail varnish remover. Go get a pedicure I hear you say...but i hate people touching my feet because I'm seriously ticklish.

Don't do it then! No-one gives a **** what colour your toenails are.

The only reason I would paint my toenails is if I was bored.
UGH The removal of body hair is a pain in da (_l_), annoyance arrgh
Shaving is such a boring job.
I never used to mind washing my hair but I hate that now too. Styling on the other hand, I like.
Shaving...down there
washing and doing my hair i usually end up screaming at my brothers girlfriend or my mum to help me cos its so annoying
Reply 35
Nothing really- I'm lazy most of the time and don't bother with stuff like painting my nails or styling my hair, so when I do do it, it's not that much of a chore. I'm lucky I guess- my hair is straight and I'm fair so arm and leg hair is blonde. I hate shaving under my arms cos it makes them sore, but I've been epilating so I don't have to do it as often. It hurts though!

However, I'm meant to be trying to lose a bit of the squish around my waist, but like lots of people on here, I've got PCOS so it's really difficult. I don't like the gym and I like biscuits and cake too much. I can't really be bothered to be honest.
Reply 36
Plucking my eyebrows, shaving, drying and straightening my hair...I have no patience atall!
I have a love hate relationship with hair removal, shaving my legs seems like such a chore and they get really itchy too as I have sensitive skin, shaving underarms is almost always painful (again sensitive skin) and bikini waxing is painful and time consuming.

But I love the result when everything comes out smooth.

I also hate having boring straight hair but my hair is too long/thick/soft to hold curl so I can spend all day curling it for a night out and it'll look good for around 45mins ugh
Reply 38
I hate doing anything whose purpose is to 'make yourself look nice'. I'm such a tomboy. Don't get me wrong. I brush my hair everyday (it's down to my backside now so it's quite long), and I pluck my eyebrows (it used to be a monobrow; I have a Greek father!), and sometimes I even cut my nails instead of chewing them.

I hate make-up. I hate nail polish. I hate too-expensive shampoos and conditioners. I hate hairdressing shops. I hate bikinis. I hate diets. I hate pink. I hate glitter. Urgh!

(and no, I don't wear dungarees and have rotten teeth. I just prefer naturalism.)
Reply 39
I quite enjoy the primping and preening because it's relaxing... too relaxing when I'm late because I've lost track of time and spent too long doing my hair/make-up.

Hate having to take the make-up off at night when I'm tired, and cannot be bothered with exercise except on rare occasions!

Latest

Trending

Trending