The Student Room Group

I keep ghosting my friend and I don't know what to do about it

Now that I've graduated, I find it really hard to stay in contact with my friends. I've had a hard time with one friend when they changed 6th forms and I've had an even hard time now that some of my friend's have gone uni. In part, it's due to poor mental health. I rarely talk to anyone nowadays but I don't want to be like that. These people means the world to me and I need to do better. I'm not sure how to go about it. I know I want to stay friends with them. I was thinking of buying a gift and apologising. Then, I'll set daily alarms and make a routine out of responding to them. I know that's the best way to go about this but I'm scared they'll hate me.
Hi @rennatusembers

I am sorry that you are struggling with your mental health. It can really get you down especially if it is affecting your friendships.

One piece of advice I have, if you are comfortable, is to be completely open and honest with your friends. Tell them that you are struggling at the moment with keeping up with replies and appearances but that you do still love them. If they are good friends then they will understand because we all struggle from time to time and have similar feelings and experiences.

Unfortunately, as we grow up and move to different cities for uni it does get harder to keep our friends. So don't fall into the trap of thinking that it is because of you. Although it is sad, it is very normal for us to lose contact with our school friends.

Keep doing things that you enjoy even if they are small things!

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @rennatusembers

I am sorry that you are struggling with your mental health. It can really get you down especially if it is affecting your friendships.

One piece of advice I have, if you are comfortable, is to be completely open and honest with your friends. Tell them that you are struggling at the moment with keeping up with replies and appearances but that you do still love them. If they are good friends then they will understand because we all struggle from time to time and have similar feelings and experiences.

Unfortunately, as we grow up and move to different cities for uni it does get harder to keep our friends. So don't fall into the trap of thinking that it is because of you. Although it is sad, it is very normal for us to lose contact with our school friends.

Keep doing things that you enjoy even if they are small things!

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

Thank you! I'll try talk to them and be honest. I know not all friendships last but I want to make sure I tried. They deserve that much from me. I've reached out to one friend so far. I need to find the courage to reach out to everyone else too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending