The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Attendance

I know for most courses they drill it into you that you need to keep your attendance above 80%, but what actually happens if you don't?
Reply 1
Original post by supercalafer
I know for most courses they drill it into you that you need to keep your attendance above 80%, but what actually happens if you don't?
Depends on the place. My old college would de-enrol you if you missed four weeks' lectures in a row, but other places aren't bothered as long as you hand assignments in on time and turn up for exams.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2

In Scotland, if our attendance dropped under a certain amount our funding would be completely stopped and if we still continued then we would be kicked out. I would really recommend only having your attendance drop low in exceptional circumstances such as illness and even then discuss it with the appropriate member of staff because it may hinder your ability to complete assessments and exams. If you are struggling with motivation to attend classes then again speak to your lecturers, they may be able to provide you with advice and support.
Original post by Tootles
Depends on the place. My old college would de-enrol you if you missed four weeks' lectures in a row, but other places aren't bothered as long as you hand assignments in on time and turn up for exams.

University Of Sussex, second year of a maths degree
Reply 4
University Of Sussex, second year of a maths degree

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/adqe/qualityguide - 4.3 Attendance, Engagement and Absence Policy lists out what can happen in regards to your attendance.
Original post by EmmaCx
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/adqe/qualityguide - 4.3 Attendance, Engagement and Absence Policy lists out what can happen in regards to your attendance.

Anyone else getting website busy message? Affected by a DDOS issue or maintenance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending