The Student Room Group

CutieTootsie's road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
KCL has no ukcat cut off they prefer high 600s and mainly 700s. they have given interviews to low 600s as long as other academics are strong. my ukcat is 645 so ain't that great but I am relying on my results and predictions to help me out there.

best of luck then :smile: i really hope you get an INTERVIEW and OFFER for KCL (and that we both smash our exams so that we actually get in) :h:
Original post by CutieTootsie
you and me both! I feel so behind and everything is so much harder.

Gotta stay strong and fight it out. 💪
I made this study timetable a week or so ago. Have I stuck to it? Only the first couple of days, but otherwise NO!

I am really slacking lately and it's very disappointing 😔 I know that I won't achieve my predictions if I carry on like this.
Starting tomorrow, I am going to go H.A.M. In the library. Knock out C3 (instead of C4 - baby steps hehe) go to my maths lesson, then revise in the library, and I will do it and I won't stop unless I faint, puke or die in the process. 😡

#3AstarsHereIcome
Is there anything more satisfying than proving formulae? ...jk, I can think of a few things 💭
Hey! I'm in my first term of AS and just got crAP test scores - U's for chem and maths, C/E for Bio. I was wondering if anyone knows any sites for chemistry calculations because I'm really stuck rn with gases and concentrations. Also want to apply for med but my parents are :frown: about my test scores (they went on a report) and now i feel like theres no point in going to school (seems harsh but omds I'm having to live with this:frown: )
Original post by cutietootsie
big news!!!
but it actually happened - i have an interview @ cambridge *tears*

Good Luck :biggrin:
Original post by veganavb
Hey! I'm in my first term of AS and just got crAP test scores - U's for chem and maths, C/E for Bio. I was wondering if anyone knows any sites for chemistry calculations because I'm really stuck rn with gases and concentrations. Also want to apply for med but my parents are :frown: about my test scores (they went on a report) and now i feel like theres no point in going to school (seems harsh but omds I'm having to live with this:frown: )

o o o im only at gcse but i think the concentration calculation is concentration = no. of moles/ volume

in mol/dm3

:biggrin:

I dont have any sites but the CGP books are really good. see if your could find one for AS
Original post by cutietootsie
is there anything more satisfying than proving formulae? ...jk, i can think of a few things 💭

whaaaaaat is thaat :redface: :frown:
Original post by bengaltiger_
o o o im only at gcse but i think the concentration calculation is concentration = no. of moles/ volume

in mol/dm3

:biggrin:

I dont have any sites but the CGP books are really good. see if your could find one for AS

aw ok thank you! :biggrin:
aw ok thank you! :biggrin:

Anytime :biggrin:
Original post by bengaltiger_
whaaaaaat is thaat :redface: :frown:

Core 3 trigonometry! 😝
I'm so glad I found this thread! Gives me some motivation to plough on as well :-) how did you find the BMAT, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by rosemondtan
I'm so glad I found this thread! Gives me some motivation to plough on as well :-) how did you find the BMAT, if you don't mind me asking?

I totally BOMBED the BMAT, I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised because I'm not expecting anything fantastic.
OMG THIS IS GREAT! Its fantastic that you were invited to cambridge!!!!

How do you revise for your a-levels i am in year 12 and I need amazing predictions alongside my bad gcses!

what exam board are you for chem and maths? maybe we can help each other out?
I totally BOMBED the BMAT, I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised because I'm not expecting anything fantastic.

Same, really praying so hard for section 1 :frown: well done nevertheless! I'm so happy for you :smile: I'll keep you updated if I hear anything!
Oh man I'm only doing basic trig :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have any advice on how to achieve such amazing AS grades and A2 predictions? I'm in year 12 now and feel like I'm really struggling but would love those grades :frown:
BIG NEWS!!!
but it actually happened - I have an interview @ Cambridge *tears*

COngratz you!! Must be relieving that you got an interview even before the BMAT results are released. Cambridge interviews are tough and competitive tho so you should prepare lot for it but I think you can do it. Good luck. :smile:

I am in your exact situation! With the same subjects and the same problem with chemistry calculations. Im not sure what to do either..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending