The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Amazing logickzz
Reply 501
IMG_1185.JPG
Original post by swirly

Lol at the comparison to Mayweather who dominated his sport for over 2 decades.

I said his style is similar to Mayweather (keyword being "similar" ) in that they are both not aggressive fighters they are defensive.

Boxing is a one dimensional sport; don't get me wrong I appreciate the talent that goes into punching, taking punches and dodging them but it only takes into account two main ways of winning i.e. knock out your opponent or outbox them. UFC on the other hand takes into account multiple fighting dimensions which makes it versatile. You can win by knockout, takedown and submission or even out hitting your opponent.

I'm not a boxer but I would happily step into a ring with a boxer and I'll use my judo ability (takedowns/wrestling and submissions) and even though I know he would out box me I know that by closing the distance I can expose his weaknesses and would be confident I can win why? Because I have more than one dimension of winning I'm not just relying on striking ability alone.

I wanted to transition into MMA actually it's quite a natural step for judokas. Look at Ronda Rousey or Khabib both judo black belts (I'm blue belt).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Refuse to watch if rap video

lol what?

It's a grime freestyle.

Very good MC from Leicester
Who was talking about Asians who love up Mike Tyson again?

All I'm saying is try and box your way out of a gullotine and see how quickly you pass out?

All I'm saying is try to get close enough to a boxer to do that.

McGregor is a prime example of something who's good with his hands yet he takes down all these wrestlers. Imagine an actual boxer.
(edited 7 years ago)
@zKlown you ever see a cutie at drive thru and you wanna go full TI and tell her she's too cute to be working there, but you dont have the requisite stacks on deck for her not to be :frown:
Original post by Rk2k14
All I'm saying is try to get close enough to a boxer to do that.

McGregor is a prime example of something who's good with his hands yet he takes down all these wrestlers. Imagine an actual boxer.

Yeah I would like to see Mike Tyson defend all those leg kicks to the inner knee or outer knee.

Keep the distance throw leg kicks and weaken the thighs...boxers are poor on the ground.

[video="youtube;Aop-Rb1rvB8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aop-Rb1rvB8[/video]
Reply 507
Yeah your legs have longer reach and he's not trained to defend leg kicks either.

Either way it's a lot more in your repertoire to train in UFC, yeah they'd probably lose to a boxer in all round boxing but in a general fight(if you adjust for weight classes before you put Anthony Joshua vs a manaverage like McGregor) then more often than not the guy trained in multiple arts would win.
Yeah your legs have longer reach and he's not trained to defend leg kicks either.

Either way it's a lot more in your repertoire to train in UFC, yeah they'd probably lose to a boxer in all round boxing but in a general fight(if you adjust for weight classes before you put Anthony Joshua vs a manaverage like McGregor) then more often than not the guy trained in multiple arts would win.

and to answer RK's point the reason McGregor wins most his fights by boxing is because he knows how to defend the takedowns from opponents. Very few fighters can actually take him down.
Who was talking about Asians who love up Mike Tyson again?

All I'm saying is try and box your way out of a gullotine and see how quickly you pass out?

Tyson's biggest fanbase are middle-aged white Americans
Reply 510
Original post by trapking
and to answer RK's point the reason McGregor wins most his fights by boxing is because he knows how to defend the takedowns from opponents. Very few fighters can actually take him down.

That and most of his opponents(prior to Diaz) have been considerably shorter than him so he has to play that game, if you put him on the ground vs a smaller boxer he's clearly going to struggle due to his higher centre of gravity.
That and most of his opponents(prior to Diaz) have been considerably shorter than him so he has to play that game, if you put him on the ground vs a smaller boxer he's clearly going to struggle due to his higher centre of gravity.

I want that Diaz vs McGregor final fight.

I think they will rig the result though and give it to Connor (Dana seems a bit fishy sometimes) unless Diaz knocks him out but god damn Diaz gave him lots of problems and has one hell of a chin :lol:
Original post by swirly
@zKlown you ever see a cutie at drive thru and you wanna go full TI and tell her she's too cute to be working there, but you dont have the requisite stacks on deck for her not to be :frown:

Not sure what you're actually asking me
Reply 513
Original post by swirly
This is why I just don't respect UFC. This guy was a plumber who decided **** this, I'll go to UFC instead. The guy is considered a UFC GOAT, despite only being active for 3 years. uwotm8.

Just compare that to the GOATS from boxing, the true GOATs commit themselves from under 10 years old to mastering the sweet science, and have to dominate for a decade.

Lol at anyone who watches this trash.

Utterly atrocious post even by your abysmal standards.

Put him against a world class wrestler like Khabib and he's ****ed. Diaz is good on the ground and had him in the first fight. Second fight he eventually got McGregor to the ground but it was too late.
Yeah I would like to see Mike Tyson defend all those leg kicks to the inner knee or outer knee.

Keep the distance throw leg kicks and weaken the thighs...boxers are poor on the ground.

[video="youtube;Aop-Rb1rvB8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aop-Rb1rvB8[/video]

Stay out of range. Fighter will eventually come towards you. Bang.
Plus on the offence the boxer isn't at that much of an advantage. Wont see the punches coming and when they hit they bang.
Reply 517
What I don't understand is, why didn't Ned ever tell Catelyn that Jon isn't his son?
Reply 518
Actually I guess it makes sense that he didn't want to bait out that his sister shagged a Targaryan.

But why not tell Jon?
Original post by SA-1
Actually I guess it makes sense that he didn't want to bait out that his sister shagged a Targaryan.

But why not tell Jon?

He probably would have eventually (mentions it before he left for KL) but you know, lost his head.

Latest