Turn on thread page Beta

I am meeting with a girl I met on Tinder and need some advice. I have never dated someone online before so this is new to me. When I see her, do I hug her or something or what and what do we even talk about? We did talk a lot online so I don't know what else there is to discuss and I don't want it to get awkward. Please help me

ReputationRep:
    Approach, be confident, and give her a kiss on the cheek (like Europeans do when they meet a friend). Just act chill and all will be fine! #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am meeting with a girl I met on Tinder and need some advice. I have never dated someone online before so this is new to me. When I see her, do I hug her or something or what and what do we even talk about? We did talk a lot online so I don't know what else there is to discuss and I don't want it to get awkward. Please help me
    Do whatever seems natural in the moment, don't overthink it and try not to hesitate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    Approach, be confident, and give her a kiss on the cheek (like Europeans do when they meet a friend). Just act chill and all will be fine! #Moooose
    Wait...what people in Europe kiss each other on the cheeks?

I am European and this is news to me, if my male friends ever tried to kiss me I would punch them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghana b back)
    Wait...what people in Europe kiss each other on the cheeks?

I am European and this is news to me, if my male friends ever tried to kiss me I would punch them.
    I understand that English people are European, but a lot of people in Europe (like France, italy, etc.) greet with a kiss on the cheek... guys and girls #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about kissing her, to greet introduce yourself and give her a hug. Just be yourself on a first date, tell some funny anecdotes have a laugh, really get to know her. If your worried about the conversation becoming dead, prepare a few conversation starters you could use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    I understand that English people are European, but a lot of people in Europe (like France, italy, etc.) greet with a kiss on the cheek... guys and girls #Moooose
    Well...I am French.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    act normal, they were all correct at kissing on the cheeks it is also like welcoming each other...

my advice for you is just be your self, dont think that she doesn't feel the way you do. she must be nervous too so keep your cool and make the conversation comfy for the both of yah!goodluck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.