The Student Room Group

First date help!

I am meeting with a girl I met on Tinder and need some advice. I have never dated someone online before so this is new to me. When I see her, do I hug her or something or what and what do we even talk about? We did talk a lot online so I don't know what else there is to discuss and I don't want it to get awkward. Please help me
Approach, be confident, and give her a kiss on the cheek (like Europeans do when they meet a friend). Just act chill and all will be fine! #Moooose
Original post by Anonymous
I am meeting with a girl I met on Tinder and need some advice. I have never dated someone online before so this is new to me. When I see her, do I hug her or something or what and what do we even talk about? We did talk a lot online so I don't know what else there is to discuss and I don't want it to get awkward. Please help me

Do whatever seems natural in the moment, don't overthink it and try not to hesitate.
Original post by OvergrownMoose
Approach, be confident, and give her a kiss on the cheek (like Europeans do when they meet a friend). Just act chill and all will be fine! #Moooose

Wait...what people in Europe kiss each other on the cheeks?

I am European and this is news to me, if my male friends ever tried to kiss me I would punch them.
Original post by Ghana b back
Wait...what people in Europe kiss each other on the cheeks?

I am European and this is news to me, if my male friends ever tried to kiss me I would punch them.

I understand that English people are European, but a lot of people in Europe (like France, italy, etc.) greet with a kiss on the cheek... guys and girls #Moooose
Don't worry about kissing her, to greet introduce yourself and give her a hug. Just be yourself on a first date, tell some funny anecdotes have a laugh, really get to know her. If your worried about the conversation becoming dead, prepare a few conversation starters you could use.
Original post by OvergrownMoose
I understand that English people are European, but a lot of people in Europe (like France, italy, etc.) greet with a kiss on the cheek... guys and girls #Moooose

Well...I am French.:erm:
Reply 7
act normal, they were all correct at kissing on the cheeks it is also like welcoming each other...

my advice for you is just be your self, dont think that she doesn't feel the way you do. :smile: she must be nervous too so keep your cool and make the conversation comfy for the both of yah!goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending