The Student Room Group

Ucas deadline

I just paid for my application today, but my head of year needs to approve it, but it's friday and they weren't in today or the weekend. Does the deadline mean deadline to pay or deadline for head of teacher to send it off to the universities after approving?
Original post by sanwwio
I just paid for my application today, but my head of year needs to approve it, but it's friday and they weren't in today or the weekend. Does the deadline mean deadline to pay or deadline for head of teacher to send it off to the universities after approving?

Hi @sanwwio

It can all a bit confusing can't it!

There is the main UCAS equal consideration deadline which is the 31 January. This doesn't mean you can't apply after this date, it just means your application will be considered equally by this deadline. If you apply after this date, applications are treated on a first come, first served basis. If you are applying for a competitive university or course, it's strongly recommended you get it in by this date.

Your headteacher will need to attach references (if this hasn't already been done) and then send it to UCAS. UCAS then send it to your chosen universities. There is still time for them to do this by Wednesday 31 January.

Could you maybe catch a careers or guidance adviser to see if they can help if you're worried?

Good luck!
Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending