The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oruese
Same here...which college did you apply to?

Oh, I haven’t applied yet. I meant that I’ll get rejected when I apply... so I’ll have to reapply.
ay since the post is now stickied thought i'd come say hi!! hopeful natsci applicant, still a lil fuzzy on what college to apply to yet haha
Original post by chalkflies
ay since the post is now stickied thought i'd come say hi!! hopeful natsci applicant, still a lil fuzzy on what college to apply to yet haha

yay!! I'm a hopeful natsci applicant too!! have you thought about whether you want to do biological or physical?
Original post by nyxnko_
yay!! I'm a hopeful natsci applicant too!! have you thought about whether you want to do biological or physical?

im definitely thinking of physical!! how about you?
Original post by chalkflies
im definitely thinking of physical!! how about you?

i take all the subjects that allow me to do physical but i'm kinda leaning towards biological just because it interests me more, despite not taking A-level bio.
Any other hopeful Law applicants on this thread already? :smile:
Any history applicants out there? :biggrin:
Reply 427
Hi guys! Is there a postgraduate thread?
Oioi. Hopeful Natsci!
Original post by Ibac
Hi guys! Is there a postgraduate thread?

Not yet afaik. But feel free to start one in here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

The 2018 thread is here for reference:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4839450

:smile:

Edit: I see you created one :woo:
(edited 6 years ago)
Any potential medics going to the medicine masterclass in April?
Hi I’m hoping to apply for Economics but have just found out that the Cambridge pre interview exam is on the same day as my HL economics IB final papers 2 and 3 in the AM and then HL English paper A in the afternoon. Does any of the ATs here know if Cambridge will grant allowances for this scheduling delimma.
If I applied next year would I still be considered a school leaver or mature age. I am 16 yrs old now
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Darceydog
Hi I’m hoping to apply for Economics but have just found out that the Cambridge pre interview exam is on the same day as my HL economics IB final papers 2 and 3 in the AM and then HL English paper A in the afternoon. I cannot physically do 7 hours of exams one day followed up by another two IB finals the next day. Does any of the ATs here know if Cambridge will grant allowances for this scheduling delimma. And don’t say do jt later that day cause that’s not an option. Can’t believe they schedule these exams in the middle of IB finals week
If I applied next year would I still be considered a school leaver or mature age. I am 16 yrs old now

That doesn’t sound great 😬, I’m guessing they assumed that people taking IB would take their finals in May. I don’t think I heard of anyone having this problem in 2017, and the exams were on the second then (also the same day as the Economics and English finals).

@Doonesbury, do you think it would be best to contact the university?
Thnx for the reply. Yes it only conflicts those doing IB finals in Southern Hemisphere. I need to get a 7, 7, 6 in both these exams to even fulfil the basic criteria of selection.!! Would love to hear what @Doonsbury has to say. Has anyone encountered this conflict before. Ie is it manageable to do three exams in one day ?? My school is approaching the IBO to see if one of their exams can be moved ... devastating for me as this has been my dream for ages and doesn’t look like I’ll even get to apply. 😢
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I’m hoping to apply for Economics but have just found out that the Cambridge pre interview exam is on the same day as my HL economics IB final papers 2 and 3 in the AM and then HL English paper A in the afternoon. I cannot physically do 7 hours of exams one day followed up by another two IB finals the next day. Does any of the ATs here know if Cambridge will grant allowances for this scheduling delimma. And don’t say do jt later that day cause that’s not an option. Can’t believe they schedule these exams in the middle of IB finals week

Are you sure? The Cambridge assessments day is 31st October.
http://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/cambridge-pre-interview-assessments/dates-and-costs/

According to this those exams are on 1st Nov, but there is a small clash on 31st Oct (Econ 1).
http://www.ibo.org/contentassets/7f6c7681e0b34fc8b0541c1229c7521d/dp-cp-exam-schedule-november-2018-en.pdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes that’s right and the Cambridge exam for Australia is that day as well. UK is the 31/10 which makes it simultaneous sittings.

Mature students are 21+ at time of entry.
anyone applying for englishhhhhhhh?
Hey,
So I'm a current Year 13 student currently holding offers to study Law at; Nottingham, York, Exeter and Royal Holloway (Still waiting to hear back from Warwick), and in year 11-12 I had the full intention of applying to Cambridge University. However, for some reasons I ended up f***ing up my AS levels and in turn harmed my predictions. I was able to through mocks get one of the grades up but was still left with too low, miles from what you need for Cambridge. I got all the way through to the week before the deadline before pulling my application out on a very sad day xD.

Now, I know that Cambridge is not the be all and end all, I'm not one of those Oxbridge obsessives, but my current plan is to go through with all my current university offers and aim to outdo my offers. So my agreement with myself is to try and achieve A*A*A, and if I do I will take a gap year and apply to Cambridge (as well as some other unis like KCL, LSE).

So if all goes well and I achieve this astronomical grades (unlikely) I will hopefully be applying for entry in 2019 for the LLB, if anyone is interested I was going to apply for St John's and still have the intention of doing so. I've spent so much of my childhood in Cambridge for leisure and so much in research about the Colleges and University that I am very firm on that decision.
Hopeful Economics applicant here!

Latest

Trending

Trending