The Student Room Group

Is my school too excessive with the amount of tests they give us?

Like, after every topic we do, they decide to give us a test, in every single subject. I am finding it too much work to cope with and very disruptive to me actually learning the content of the course.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Its standard to do that
pretty normal, plus they're doing you a favour by encouraging you to revise, and getting you used to exam styles, techniques and timings
Reply 3
they make you do tests?

I didn't do a single test other than the real ones at A level/AS
Original post by APersonYo
Like, after every topic we do, they decide to give us a test, in every single subject. I am finding it too much work to cope with and very disruptive to me actually learning the content of the course.
I think it's good to force you to understand and make notes/other revision materials for every topic as you go along. Without regular tests, you'd probably not bother to do all of that until exam season which would it make it much harder for you then haha.
My school's policy is to give fortnightly tests to review progress.... generally speaking we probably finish a chapter fortnightly so I'm in a similar situation. I don't complain because it does keep me revising.... however my stress levels do get skyhigh at times.
Reply 6

It's because it's A-Level you have to have a very strong grasp on individual topics.
Reply 7
Its the same everywhere isnt it?

I get a test every week in maths + end of topic ones
Physics and chem after every topic
+ homework
+EPQ

How does your workload compare?
Reply 9
Original post by hxrl3yB00
My school's policy is to give fortnightly tests to review progress.... generally speaking we probably finish a chapter fortnightly so I'm in a similar situation. I don't complain because it does keep me revising.... however my stress levels do get skyhigh at times.

Yeah I have a pack of chemistry questions and biology revision all to do tomorrow lAMEEEE
Reply 10
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I get a test every week in maths + end of topic ones
Physics and chem after every topic
+ homework
+EPQ

How does your workload compare?

Maths is bare easy tho
Yeah I have a pack of chemistry questions and biology revision all to do tomorrow lAMEEEE

Chemistry is the least time consuming when it comes to answering questions, and tbh same with biology unless you do WJEC l do.
Maths is bare easy tho

At A2?
No! :hide:
Maths is bare easy tho

Yeah Maths isn't too hard at A level :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lychee627
Yeah Maths isn't too hard at A level :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smh... :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths is one of the easier A levels :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lychee627
Maths is one of the easier A levels :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

.......... :angry: :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's beneficial on one side taking into account that you need to revise more often in that way.. btw check this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4432660
Want to join a Study Chat?

Check this topic out! This might be helfpul to your studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88

Im serious tbh...:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest