The Student Room Group

A girl touches me at work

A bar where I work at. This girl always seems to get a touch in.

1. she taps me on my shoulder if she wants my attention.
2. she asked me to get up once as I was sat on her coat, I walked away and she touch my arms.
3. She was showing me an order, and she had her fingers on my arm.

Is this a sign that she likes me? or is she just one them confident people?

Im new at this place, and ive not seen her touch anyone else, but I will keep an eye out.

She is a a nice girl and I wouldnt mind getting to know her better.

Scroll to see replies

I just tend to automatically touch people in these kinds of situations (1 and 2), regardless of whether I'm attracted to them or not. Don't focus on it too much, just get to know her and see what happens. She may well be interested, but there's no way of telling at this point; some of us just get a bit too touchy by accident.
Reply 2
Not what I was expecting when you said touching...

I think you're looking into it too much. Why not chat with her to try and get more information? She might like you, she might not like you, but you can't just come to a conclusion so soon.
Yes she likes you, especially point 2 and point 3. Point 1 is excusable, but even then it's physical contact.
A girl is flirtatious.
Some girl stroked up my leg to my crotch recently, haven't spoken with her since, when you become a man you stop caring about minor incidents.
Reply 6
Original post by Sparadrap2106
I just tend to automatically touch people in these kinds of situations (1 and 2), regardless of whether I'm attracted to them or not. Don't focus on it too much, just get to know her and see what happens. She may well be interested, but there's no way of telling at this point; some of us just get a bit too touchy by accident.

Yeah I think some people are just confident and like to assertthemselves

Original post by UWS
Not what I was expecting when you said touching...

I think you're looking into it too much. Why not chat with her to try and get more information? She might like you, she might not like you, but you can't just come to a conclusion so soon.

okay thanks, I guess I should do the same and give her some banter

Original post by minimums_ILS_
Yes she likes you, especially point 2 and point 3. Point 1 is excusable, but even then it's physical contact.

hopefuly she does

Original post by l'etranger
Some girl stroked up my leg to my crotch recently, haven't spoken with her since, when you become a man you stop caring about minor incidents.

did you make a move?
Original post by Anonymous

did you make a move?

No because I haven't seen her since. It's the second time I've been ghosted in as many months tbh. The point is when I was 16 I would have seen it as a huge deal, omg a girl touched me but now it's just part of life.
I wish I got touched at work, although I am unemployed so that would involve me erm. Never mind!

I spent days thinking up an ononism joke, and when I finally plucked up the nerve to try it, it turns out it was ****. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Martian872
I wish I got touched at work, although I am unemployed so that would involve me erm. Never mind!

I spent days thinking up an ononism joke, and when I finally plucked up the nerve to try it, it turns out it was ****. :wink:

It's spelled ''onanism'', but really you shouldn't use big words when it comes to women.
It's spelled ''onanism'', but really you shouldn't use big words when it comes to women.

That's a bit sexist, I should of used the word ****** though I agree.

banker with a w.

sup foreigner? :biggrin:
That's a bit sexist, I should of used the word ****** though I agree.

banker with a w.

sup foreigner? :biggrin:

Don't call me a foreigner man, I was born here. Stranger in a strange land.
Actually I was referring to Albert Camus work The Stranger, aka The Foreigner, in French the words are pretty much interchangable, but that's a bit high brow and no one cares anyway. :smile:

"Camus can do, but Sartre is smartre"

Homer Simpson. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
To the OP: Take it as a sort of silent compliment. :sexface:
Actually I was referring to Albert Camus work The Stranger, aka The Foreigner, in French the words are pretty much interchangable, but that's a bit high brow and no one cares anyway. :smile:

It was a joke, although Stranger in a Strange Land is the title of a Heinlein novel as well as a biblical reference.

:cool:
(edited 7 years ago)
It's also a song by Iron Maiden. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsl-bB7lmk

Ah touche

I will make my father proud now.
lol kudos then. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
A bar where I work at. This girl always seems to get a touch in.

1. she taps me on my shoulder if she wants my attention.
2. she asked me to get up once as I was sat on her coat, I walked away and she touch my arms.
3. She was showing me an order, and she had her fingers on my arm.

Is this a sign that she likes me? or is she just one them confident people?

Im new at this place, and ive not seen her touch anyone else, but I will keep an eye out.

She is a a nice girl and I wouldnt mind getting to know her better.

I think she likes you.
Ask her out, dude!
Ah touche

I will make my father proud now.

I have seen Iron Maiden live, they were awesome, not something that generally comes up if you'll pardon the pun. But they are unusual in being a very highly qualified intellectual band unlike say Spinal Tap. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3YD7fNZTI

Watch this I guarantee you will laugh so hard you will cry.

NSFW! An about as un PC as heavy Metal gets, but soooo funny.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending