The Student Room Group

What ways are that women can 'win' men?

Like the general idea I'd that men attract women by looking good/nice hair, trying to be strong, brave and sporty along with being 'cool'/valued by peers. What, apart from looking good are ways for a woman to be the 'top woman' and 'win' a man?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wear less.

But seriously, confidence is quite an important trait. Don't try to fish for validation though...
This is subjective, surely. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that. If the right person comes along, and it's meant to be, it'll work out. Seeing men as a 'prize' makes it look like you're going into it for all the wrong reasons. Just be yourself :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Like the general idea I'd that men attract women by looking good/nice hair, trying to be strong, brave and sporty along with being 'cool'/valued by peers. What, apart from looking good are ways for a woman to be the 'top woman' and 'win' a man?

Wear birthday suit and line up to be judged.

Spoiler

Looks aside it's by being vulnerable and endearing, no normal man is attracted to confidence, dominance or heroism, these are all male power fantasies.
By existing.
Be yourself
Reply 7
It's just by looking good and being feminine, nothing else.
Reply 8
Original post by l'etranger
Looks aside it's by being vulnerable and endearing, no normal man is attracted to confidence, dominance or heroism, these are all male power fantasies.

I can understand not being attracted to dominance as people don't want to be controlled in relationships but what's wrong with bravery and and confidence. Surely these factors are healthy and good.
I can understand not being attracted to dominance as people don't want to be controlled in relationships but what's wrong with bravery and and confidence. Surely these factors are healthy and good.

I'm ok at chess, but I don't use it to get pussy.

Clue: If being brave makes you happy that's fine but it's not something men are attracted to.

You've got to be a pretty fragile man/ meninist to be intimidated by a "confident" female.
You've got to be a pretty fragile man/ meninist to be intimidated by a "confident" female.

I never said I'm against it, but I don't care. A woman bragging about her confidence is like a neckbeard bragging about how nice he is, it's simply an irrelevance and to talk about it shows a level of self-entitlement which I do find irritating.
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI
If you are a woman and by default cannot win a man.

You gotta be god damn ugly. And I mean God.

And that says all you need to know about men.

I probably am I never said I was pretty, I did get voted the least facially attractive in the class back at college (even below the teacher) for a psychology facial attractiveness activity lol. When I was a teenager my mum said she would cringe when we went shopping together because of how I looked/said I made no effort with appearance. I thought I did I brushed my hair and all that lol.

Pretty sure l'entranger has a weak sense of masculinity. He can't stand the thought of a female bettering him. Most alpha males look for confident, productive and successful women, although balanced out by other traditional feminine traits.
I never said I'm against it, but I don't care. A woman bragging about her confidence is like a neckbeard bragging about how nice he is, it's simply an irrelevance and to talk about it shows a level of self-entitlement which I do find irritating.

What even are you on? Women (or people in general for that matter) don't tend to tell other how super confident they are. This is usually a judgement others will make of that person.

Ah ok you sounded against it at first, it's just confidence gets people far in life doesn't it. Bragging about confidence, we weren't talking about that but yea bragging is annoying. If someone is good at something others will see it regardless.
Pretty sure l'entranger has a weak sense of masculinity. He can't stand the thought of a female bettering him. Most alpha males look for confident, productive and successful women, although balanced out by other traditional feminine traits.

Most Alpha males are either in prisons or in elite sports teams.
What even are you on? Women (or people in general for that matter) don't tend to tell other how super confident they are. This is usually a judgement others will make of that person.

Ha this is what I thought, I've never known anyone to brag about being confidence, it just tends to show.
Ah ok you sounded against it at first, it's just confidence gets people far in life doesn't it. Bragging about confidence, we weren't talking about that but yea bragging is annoying. If someone is good at something others will see it regardless.

It's not even the bragging which is an issue, in modern society there is a strange trend of telling women that if they act like men, men will like them more. If you're going to be confident, it's something you should do for yourself because it's good for you, but it's not something which 99% of men will care about.
Reply 19
Looks aside it's by being vulnerable and endearing, no normal man is attracted to confidence

No 'normal man' is attracted to insecurity either :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending