The Student Room Group

Changing Uni

Was looking at UCAS adjustment and was wondering if anyone has used it or whether i will be able to get onto a course at a better university if i exceed my expected A-Level predictions which are only ABC? Or will all the good courses be filled up?
Original post by Calumjacko
Was looking at UCAS adjustment and was wondering if anyone has used it or whether i will be able to get onto a course at a better university if i exceed my expected A-Level predictions which are only ABC? Or will all the good courses be filled up?

Adjustment is nothing to do with exceeding your predictions. To be eligible you have to exceed the terms of your firm offer. Most universities participate in Adjustment.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Adjustment is nothing to do with exceeding your predictions. To be eligible you have to exceed the terms of your firm offer. Most universities participate in Adjustment.

I currently don't have any offers (just sent off my ucas) -
If i got an offer from a uni where i need ABB to get in, does that mean i have to get AAB in order to apply for a adjustment?
If i got an offer from a uni where i need ABB to get in, does that mean i have to get AAB in order to apply for a adjustment?

If you made that university your firm choice, then yes.

AAB or better. Note that you have to meet every part of your firm and exceed at least one of them. So A*A*C won't qualify you for adjustment on an offer of ABB because the C fails to meet the minimum grade of B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
AAB or better. Note that you have to meet every part of your firm and exceed at least one of them. So A*A*C won't qualify you for adjustment on an offer of ABB because the C fails to meet the minimum grade of B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand if you exceed in the ucas points of an ABB offer why they wouldn't expect A*A*C?
But thanks for informing me
I don't understand if you exceed in the ucas points of an ABB offer why they wouldn't expect A*A*C?
But thanks for informing me

Because an offer asking for ABB wants ABB not the points equivalent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending