The Student Room Group

Should I add a cv to my postgraduate application?

I'm applying to the masters in archives and records management course at Liverpool and there's a space on the application form to add a cv. It isn't compulsory to add one for my course and I don't know if I should. I've mentioned my relevant work experience in my personal statement so I don't know if a cv would add anything. Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by spottyslope
I'm applying to the masters in archives and records management course at Liverpool and there's a space on the application form to add a cv. It isn't compulsory to add one for my course and I don't know if I should. I've mentioned my relevant work experience in my personal statement so I don't know if a cv would add anything. Does anyone have any advice?

I was told that if you have some decent work experience, part time job experience, extracurriculars then you should. Basically if the CV looks good (two pages, well formatted, good split between placements, jobs, extra curiculars etc), go ahead.

Even if none of it is related to the MA you're applying for, it wouldn't hurt to show how you've spent your time outside of uni
Original post by cran8rook
I was told that if you have some decent work experience, part time job experience, extracurriculars then you should. Basically if the CV looks good (two pages, well formatted, good split between placements, jobs, extra curiculars etc), go ahead.

Even if none of it is related to the MA you're applying for, it wouldn't hurt to show how you've spent your time outside of uni

Totally agree. A good CV will only strengthen your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending