The Student Room Group

She's 12 and she's calling me daddy, what do I do?

My 12 year old daughter is turning 13 soon and she's still calling me daddy. I just want advice from anyone here who is a parent and has children of this age calling them this. It doesn't bother me too much but I am curious as to what age they stop doing that and say mum or dad for example. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

You got me :rofl:
Title sounds weird
Reply 3
The clickbait, wow... :facepalm2:

Sounds like a daddy issue.
My 19 year old friend still calls her father "daddy".
Interesting title!

If it's something that's bothering you, maybe talk to her about it and see how she feels about calling you dad instead - it may just be force of habit. It's a name, it may just stick! And if it isn't hurting you then it's certainly nothing to worry about. I have eighteen year old friends still calling their parents mummy and daddy, it's just a habit and what they've grown up with! :smile:
Reply 6
The clickbait is real. :lol:

But then, I'm 20 and I called my daddy my daddy (or his first name :tongue:). I'm banned from calling him Dad. :rofl:
Reply 7
does she call your wife mamacita
Buy her an icecream.

Original post by Pikachū
does she call your wife mamacita

FFS :rofl: not this
by this age she should really be calling you Pater
Well, tbh I always used to wonder about this too, bc my siblings and I address our parents as Mummy and Daddy (oldest is 17), and nobody else seems to do it... but one time, I heard a PhD student referring to his "daddy", so I figured that it's probably just that with some people, the title sticks. I just can't imagine calling my father "Dad" to his face XP
Original post by l'etranger
Buy her an icecream.

FFS :rofl: not this

ay papi 😩😩😩
I'm almost 16 and i still call my dad daddy 😂 im so used to it that I'd it feels so strange to use dad.

I mean if that's what she's been doing all her life then just let her, unless you really don't want her to then just say

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Daddy."
On a scale of 0-10 on the clickbait epicness scale, 0 being blindingly obvious and 10/10 being @WoodyMKC-esque, I give this a 7!
Reply 15
I've heard far older girls refer to parents as mummy/daddy
Clickbait. :colonhash:
I don't think a girl calling their father "daddy" is seen as a problem, I doubt any kids would bully them. If they were a boy though, you probably should ween them off that name or just do it behind closed doors XD
Original post by Darren A
My 12 year old daughter is turning 13 soon and she's still calling me daddy. I just want advice from anyone here who is a parent and has children of this age calling them this. It doesn't bother me too much but I am curious as to what age they stop doing that and say mum or dad for example. Thanks!

lmao- I'm 18 turning 19 and I still call my parents mommy and daddy :colondollar: ( not when talking to my friends/others about them Lol) . I don't think it's something I'll grow out of tbh. I would like to think it will happen naturally
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
lmao- I'm 18 turning 19 and I still call my parents mommy and daddy :colondollar: ( not when talking to my friends/others about them Lol) . I don't think it's something I'll grow out of tbh. I would like to think it will happen naturally

Oh I see, thank you for your perpsective!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending