She's 12 and she's calling me daddy, what do I do?

Watch this thread
Act of War
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My 12 year old daughter is turning 13 soon and she's still calling me daddy. I just want advice from anyone here who is a parent and has children of this age calling them this. It doesn't bother me too much but I am curious as to what age they stop doing that and say mum or dad for example. Thanks!
username2705335
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You got me :rofl:
ABeingOnEarth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Title sounds weird
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The clickbait, wow... :facepalm2:

Sounds like a daddy issue.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My 19 year old friend still calls her father "daddy".
currysawcc
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Interesting title!

If it's something that's bothering you, maybe talk to her about it and see how she feels about calling you dad instead - it may just be force of habit. It's a name, it may just stick! And if it isn't hurting you then it's certainly nothing to worry about. I have eighteen year old friends still calling their parents mummy and daddy, it's just a habit and what they've grown up with!
Airmed
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The clickbait is real. :lol:

But then, I'm 20 and I called my daddy my daddy (or his first name ). I'm banned from calling him Dad. :rofl:
Pikachū
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
does she call your wife mamacita
l'etranger
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Buy her an icecream.

(Original post by Pikachū)
does she call your wife mamacita
FFS :rofl: not this
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
by this age she should really be calling you Pater
Treblebee
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well, tbh I always used to wonder about this too, bc my siblings and I address our parents as Mummy and Daddy (oldest is 17), and nobody else seems to do it... but one time, I heard a PhD student referring to his "daddy", so I figured that it's probably just that with some people, the title sticks. I just can't imagine calling my father "Dad" to his face XP
Pikachū
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
Buy her an icecream.

FFS :rofl: not this
ay papi 😩😩😩
inactive100
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm almost 16 and i still call my dad daddy 😂 im so used to it that I'd it feels so strange to use dad.

I mean if that's what she's been doing all her life then just let her, unless you really don't want her to then just say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhythmical
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
"Daddy."
Jimmy Carr
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
On a scale of 0-10 on the clickbait epicness scale, 0 being blindingly obvious and 10/10 being WoodyMKC-esque, I give this a 7!
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I've heard far older girls refer to parents as mummy/daddy
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Clickbait.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I don't think a girl calling their father "daddy" is seen as a problem, I doubt any kids would bully them. If they were a boy though, you probably should ween them off that name or just do it behind closed doors XD
WannaBMedStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Darren A)
My 12 year old daughter is turning 13 soon and she's still calling me daddy. I just want advice from anyone here who is a parent and has children of this age calling them this. It doesn't bother me too much but I am curious as to what age they stop doing that and say mum or dad for example. Thanks!
lmao- I'm 18 turning 19 and I still call my parents mommy and daddy ( not when talking to my friends/others about them Lol) . I don't think it's something I'll grow out of tbh. I would like to think it will happen naturally
Act of War
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by WannaBMedStudent)
lmao- I'm 18 turning 19 and I still call my parents mommy and daddy ( not when talking to my friends/others about them Lol) . I don't think it's something I'll grow out of tbh. I would like to think it will happen naturally
Oh I see, thank you for your perpsective!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
42.08%
Not yet, but I will soon (66)
18.03%
No (146)
39.89%

Watched Threads