The Student Room Group

What uni course should I apply for?

So basically, for a while I've wanted to do Law at uni and most of my AS level subjects are more suitable to this as they are mainly essay based. However, I've changed my mind and I now want to become an accountant.

I've already arranged work experience with a solicitor firm and like I said none of my subjects are very numerical but I did get a B in GCSE Maths. Should I bother applying for an Accountancy and Finance degree as I know they don't require any specific subjects or should I just do Law and then complete a masters in Accountancy? As I know a lot of people do degrees like history and law and then go into accountancy.
Don't do law unless you're completely 100% invested, it's so competitive and a lot of people drop out after realising what the degree is like. Focus on accounting and do that, don't do law for the sake of it.
Reply 2
Original post by rosie.mn
Don't do law unless you're completely 100% invested, it's so competitive and a lot of people drop out after realising what the degree is like. Focus on accounting and do that, don't do law for the sake of it.

What are my chances of getting in to a good uni without a subject like Business or Economics? I know there's no chance of me going to somewhere like LSE but like a decent ABB uni? Would work experience and a relevant EPQ make up for my subjects being mainly essay based?
Original post by howa
What are my chances of getting in to a good uni without a subject like Business or Economics? I know there's no chance of me going to somewhere like LSE but like a decent ABB uni? Would work experience and a relevant EPQ make up for my subjects being mainly essay based?

LSE states GCSE maths to grade A, and that most students have a level maths. If I'm honest, a level maths would probably be advantageous but humanities subjects are encouraged. When looking at possible choices for you, Birmingham (very good Uni) had no specific subject entry requirements. I don't think many Universities do, so you should be fine providing you get good grades and can write a PS about how interested in accounting you are.

Quick Reply

Latest