The Student Room Group

Calling in sick on last night shift

My last official night shift with my current company is on the 26th Feb, however I have annual leave booked so my last night in the office will be the 19th, annual leave is booked from the 19th to the 26th. If I call in "sick" on the 19th do I still get paid my annual leave? Thanks.
Original post by Idontknow2014
My last official night shift with my current company is on the 26th Feb, however I have annual leave booked so my last night in the office will be the 19th, annual leave is booked from the 19th to the 26th. If I call in "sick" on the 19th do I still get paid my annual leave? Thanks.

If your annual leave is booked 19th to the 26th, why would you go in on any of those days? Secondly, if you're leaving the company they can't really discipline you or do anything. But again, if you're booked in for annual leave, you don't have to go in. Why would you call in sick?

Lots of places do not allow holiday pay to immediately follow sick leave. Not sure why. It happened to me once
If it's your last shift is there a reason to not go?
They can't discipline you if you're not there but you never know if you need a reference from them.....
Original post by AlexanderHam
If your annual leave is booked 19th to the 26th, why would you go in on any of those days? Secondly, if you're leaving the company they can't really discipline you or do anything. But again, if you're booked in for annual leave, you don't have to go in. Why would you call in sick?

My bad, I meant to say annual leave starts from 20th.
Original post by Sammylou40
Lots of places do not allow holiday pay to immediately follow sick leave. Not sure why. It happened to me once
If it's your last shift is there a reason to not go?
They can't discipline you if you're not there but you never know if you need a reference from them.....

Just don't like the awkward goodbyes as I know i'm not really liked there, but just wanted to know if they would still pay me for my annual leave if i don't go in on the 19th, as annual leave is booked from the 20th. Not too fussed about getting a reference from them to be honest.
Just don't like the awkward goodbyes as I know i'm not really liked there, but just wanted to know if they would still pay me for my annual leave if i don't go in on the 19th, as annual leave is booked from the 20th. Not too fussed about getting a reference from them to be honest.

It will probably say in your contract if you have a look
If I were you I'd probably just grit my teeth and work it. You never know who you'll cross paths with in the future work place. Not worth it I don't think

Yes, they will still have to pay you for annual leave (they have to pay out your annual leave when you finish up with a company anyway). If you take sick leave the day before they can't do anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending