The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bellex
What are you currently doing? If you aren't already in HE, do you plan to return to HE once you have acquired sufficient funds?

Student loans aint haram look at what sheik haitham al hadad says on Youtube youll see why i say that
Original post by AEFRGF
Student loans aint haram look at what sheik haitham al hadad says on Youtube youll see why i say that

EDIT, MADE SOME TIME AFTER I CAME TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DEEN AND MORE ABOUT HAITHAM AL HADDAD:

I have seen his fatwa, I don’t think he is someone I want to take my dīn from. Riba is Haram. Stick to the Salafi scholars my friends.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Bellex
I have seen his fatwa, I hold nothing against people who feel at peace with his view and choose to take the loan. I and others like myself, still don't feel too at ease with it though because of the sheer controversy. Thanks for trying to help out!

No Problem and all the best of luck, I have to take it or else i cannot go university and also cant to that stupid method of working 1 year then go for a year at uni then keep taking years off to work them go back to uni
Original post by Bellex
I have seen his fatwa, I hold nothing against people who feel at peace with his view and choose to take the loan. I and others like myself, still don't feel too at ease with it though because of the sheer controversy. Thanks for trying to help out!

Mashallah, good on you for not compromising your deen. Have you looked into doing an apprenticeship? They're a great alternative to university.
Full Scholarship?
Original post by moodle30
And you my dear are the worst.

Brainwashed the whole lot of you. Want to live in the west, but can't adapt to society.

Oh I've adapted just fine thank you very much :h:
http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/07/18/panicked-about-interest-on-your-student-loan-statement-for-many-its-nonsense/ is worth a read - it explains that although student loans "charge" interest above inflation in reality this will not result in REPAYMENT of a debt plus interest above inflation. Unless you're expecting to go into a job that pays £40k (plus 2% above inflation payrises every year) then you wont repay the interest above inflation on your loans.

Government are proposing takaful loans available from 2018 at the earliest (http://www.halalstudentloans.co.uk/ )
Reply 8
I personally wouldn't put my education and possibly my career in jeopardy because of a religious belief but at the end of the day you're making the decision, which seems to be making things stressful or difficult for yourself.

You should also look into the links that PQ has posted.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Darling, why are you so frustrated? What's up hun?
You needn't be upset that muslims don't adopt your definition "British values" by taking up student loans. Besides why would one feel inclined to learn your version of "British values" if it includes becoming irate at things which do not concern you in the least. That seems very time consuming, unproductive, negative and more of a waste of life than one consisting of being at peace and not being consumed in others irrelevant affairs or the increasing debt from the interest of a student loan xx.

Original post by ozilll
when do Muslims kill their families? Majority of brexit votes were due to the EU's rules on free migration. Trump won due to his mandate which included a number different of things eg more jobs, protectionist methods and ect....

Assalamu alaykum ladies/gentlemen (or lady and gentlemen), I suppose the above person is just a bit frustrated and they've located the wrong thread to bash on. If we know what he or she says is not true, we shouldn't bother reciprocating the negativity. Silence is eloquence and kindness is education.
Original post by Bellex
Assalamu alaykum ladies/gentlemen (or lady and gentlemen), I suppose the above person is just a bit frustrated and they've located the wrong thread to bash on. If we know what he or she says is not true, we shouldn't bother reciprocating the negativity. Silence is eloquence and kindness is education.

Wa'alaykum assalam, I know, my inner Independent woman comes out sometimes.

Have you tried charities? There are some charities which offer scholarships, some islamic charities which help with funding for muslims etc.
You dont have to take a student loan if your family can support you tbh Op
As a muslim , it is very very hard for me to go uni without one tbh :eek:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
The limited resources of charities should only be used for cases of genuine hardship, not for people who have access to funds or facilities but choose not to use them.

I believe there were charities which were specifically catering to Muslims who didn't want to take a loan. Not sure if these charities are still running, I highly doubt.
Original post by Bellex
I believe there were charities which were specifically catering to Muslims who didn't want to take a loan. Not sure if these charities are still running, I highly doubt.

http://www.halalstudentloans.co.uk/ on the Overview link there's a "practical options toolkit" which links through to suggested alternative sources of finance.
Original post by Bellex

i think the national zakat foundation helps out
Original post by Ammmaaaraah

Jazakallah kheir, I will in sha Allah have a look at it! What are you currently doing? x

How much do they help out?
Did your sis take a loan or not?
Original post by Bellex
Jazakallah kheir, I will in sha Allah have a look at it! What are you currently doing? x

A-levels. You?

Im going to do an apprenticeship insha'Allah (if God wills) :smile:
Original post by Lychee627
How much do they help out?
Did your sis take a loan or not?

Idk, here: https://www.nzf.org.uk/Apply

And no she didn't.
Idk, here: https://www.nzf.org.uk/Apply

And no she didn't.

Ohh but does your sis live with you lot?

Latest

Trending

Trending