The Student Room Group

Who was your first love and what were they like?

So I'm feeling quite nostalgic today after watching a bunch of cheesy Nicholas Sparks movies and I was wondering, who was your first love and what were they like in terms of their relationship with you? I'll go first:

My first love was a girl I had met through our families (our dads used to pray together). I liked her from the day I saw her but I didn't actually say anything to her for a long time because she was quite religious and I wasn't sure about her reaction. But a few years later on NYE, we kissed and then we dated for about 7 months before she cut contact with me completely because her family didn't want her associated with a girl who liked girls. We got on amazingly well when we were together but recently I saw her with her husband and kid. She ignored me completely and pretended I was a stranger.

She told years back that she had never been attracted to men. Only females.

Scroll to see replies

Oh god that's so sad :frown:

Anyway, I met mine on TSR and we were together for about 6 months. We broke up right before he went off to uni. In terms of our relationship I'd say we got on pretty well in person and over messaging. It's what he was like after the breakup which really annoyed the hell out of me and nowadays I just feel relief we're not together anymore. He will always remain my first love though. Even though he was a massive douchebag which no self respecting girl would ever date now.
My first love was an hijabi, we were together for 5-6 years.

I knew her since I was 11 or 12.

I don't really like talking about what she was like.

But I am an apostate now anyway.

And I know I will never ever truly stop loving my first love. Even if I don't talk to her or think about her any more, I know I still love her, because when ever I see a Muslimah, I see her.

But that's part and parcel of life, just got to move on and try stay positive.:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Another question for people, how long was it before you decided you loved them/what was the thing that made you realise you loved them?
This doesn't count but I met this girl at the station awhile ago and I just clicked with her like ive never felt that way before and I felt pretty crap afterwards because I didn't get her full name, number or anything cus my train came. I just got a snapchat recommendation and it was her!! WTFFFF MAD RIGHT?? God is real
Reply 5
Original post by Sir Fabulous
My first love was an hijabi, we were together for 5-6 years.

I knew her since I was 11 or 12.

I don't really like talking about what she was like.

But I am an apostate now anyway.

And I know I will never ever truly stop loving my first love. Even if I don't talk to her or think about her any more, I know I still love her, because when ever I see a Muslimah, I see her.

But that's part and parcel of life, just got to move on and try stay positive.:tongue:

Can't tell you how painful it was when I saw her that day with her husband and kid. She looked so unhappy.
Reply 6
My fridge from a very young age.
Original post by 0zzu
Another question for people, how long was it before you decided you loved them/what was the thing that made you realise you loved them?

I think with me it was when I had a six hour convo with him over the phone. It felt like 15 minutes. Never had that with a guy.
How old are you OP?
I met my first love when I was 14, began dating at 15, relationship went well. We met at school like a lot of teenagers do, we used to have a love hate relationship and just fell for each other I guess. We split up last year over WhatsApp though :/ We lasted over two years, I am impressed.
Oh and some girl who met me on a school trip, I didn't love her but she was my first.
Original post by l'etranger
How old are you OP?

A creep from TSR. My life sounds so sad. :lol:
Original post by MarilynKhan

It must have been awful to be treated like that. Do you like both men and women or just women?
Original post by Rhythmical
I met my first love when I was 14, began dating at 15, relationship went well. We met at school like a lot of teenagers do, we used to have a love hate relationship and just fell for each other I guess. We split up last year over WhatsApp though :/ We lasted over two years, I am impressed.

Wow that sounds rough :/
Original post by l'etranger
It must have been awful to be treated like that. Do you like both men and women or just women?

Yeah but we broke up about 4 years ago. I like men and women.

It's funny because I've had a boyfriend and a girlfriend over the past 4 years and I still love her as much as I did then.

Ah well. Such is life.
Reply 16
His name was James. I have known my him my whole life, everyone has always made jokes about us falling in love and getting married. We were together for 3 years and throughout the relationship (except towards the end) he was just perfect. Such a gentleman and so loving.

Spoiler

Original post by 0zzu

When I told her I liked women. She came from a very religious family and I thought she'd shun me but she didn't.
Reply 18
I might add we're actually on okay terms now, I mean we've had a lot of rough patches since we broke up but we're definitely in a good place now.
Reply 19
Original post by 0zzu

I think I've always loved him (and quite possibly still do.... sometimes)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending