The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into Oxbridge

At GCSE I got 5A*'s and 6*
This is my second attempt at ALevels but the only subject I've done before is Maths.
I'm currently studying English Lit, History and Maths and I'm predicted A* A* A.
I hope to study Japanese at university and I was wondering if I had a chance of getting an interview/offer or if it isn't realistic
You would have to study a course for beginners. However, I think you have a good chance grade wise. The only issue is, you haven't taken a foreign language to A Level. Do you have a strong background in languages that will show your aptitude for them? It is of no concern that you have not taken Japanese, as it is not on offer to many students at A Level but it will disadvantage you that you don't have a language. Despite this, other factors are able to counteract this negative so you could still be alright. Good luck :smile:
You've got an immense chance of at least getting an interview - as long as you can relate your subjects to Japanese and show your passion in your PS/interview then you'll be fine. I don't think a language to A Level is a requirement in Oxbridge for Asian Studies anyway
Reply 3
Original post by Olivia3012
At GCSE I got 5A*'s and 6*
This is my second attempt at ALevels but the only subject I've done before is Maths.
I'm currently studying English Lit, History and Maths and I'm predicted A* A* A.
I hope to study Japanese at university and I was wondering if I had a chance of getting an interview/offer or if it isn't realistic

What A-levels did you do previously and what grades did you get?

If you are considering Cambridge are you thinking of AMES?
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/asian-and-middle-eastern-studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending