The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Living At Home?

I'm considering living at home if I go to Chester (I live about an hour away) for a few reasons, but of course I still want to meet people and be involved and make the most of uni life.

If I do live at home would I be likely to miss out on a lot and struggle to make good friendships with others? Or could I still make the most of things while living at home?
Everyone's experience is different so there's no right or wrong answer, but I'd certainly recommend moving away, at least for your first year!

And I'm not just biased because I work in student accommodation! So much of the student experience is the friendships and social life that comes with it - don't underestimate just how important these things are! :smile:

Alex @ Tramways.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by princesshan
I'm considering living at home if I go to Chester (I live about an hour away) for a few reasons, but of course I still want to meet people and be involved and make the most of uni life.

If I do live at home would I be likely to miss out on a lot and struggle to make good friendships with others? Or could I still make the most of things while living at home?

Hello, don't worry if you want to live at home, not all students choose to live away from home.

There's lots of ways you can still make lots of friends, one of the best recommendations would be to get involved with clubs and societies. They are a great way to meet new people and make friends. There's over 100 at Chester so you're bound to find one or two that interest you. During the first few weeks of university you will be able to try lots of the clubs and societies to see which one's you'd like to join. You can see what's clubs and socieites there at:
http://www.chestersu.com/sports-societies/

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending