The Student Room Group

Moving out of home during term time to student accommodation.Student finance issue

From August last month, my living situation has changed and I have secured a place at an accommodation near my university to start from january. My only dilemma is I am curious whether I would be eligible for a higher maintenance loan due to "living away from home during term time". On my application I stated that I would be living at home although the application was done prior to the decision of having to move away from home making my maintenance loan be a lot lower than needed. I cannot find any information online about it and I do not know who to contact. Help ?
Original post by korneliusz
From August last month, my living situation has changed and I have secured a place at an accommodation near my university to start from january. My only dilemma is I am curious whether I would be eligible for a higher maintenance loan due to "living away from home during term time". On my application I stated that I would be living at home although the application was done prior to the decision of having to move away from home making my maintenance loan be a lot lower than needed. I cannot find any information online about it and I do not know who to contact. Help ?

Hi there,

If you click on your current application, there is an option on the right-hand side of the page to view and manage your application. Here you will be able to amend your living location. This then takes an estimated 15 working days to process. If it doesn't allow you to do this it will prompt you to download the CO1 form which you can then upload digitally to your account. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
I have been able to amend and change the location of where Im going to be staying. My issue is, I did not get an option like before, to choose that I'm going to be living away from home. Will I be receiving further information later after the change was made to apply for additional maintenance loan funding or not ? Since I think on my application I was only eligible for a certain amount of money due to "living at home".

Thanks for your quick reply.
Korneliusz
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

If you click on your current application, there is an option on the right-hand side of the page to view and manage your application. Here you will be able to amend your living location. This then takes an estimated 15 working days to process. If it doesn't allow you to do this it will prompt you to download the CO1 form which you can then upload digitally to your account. Thanks, Jason
Original post by korneliusz
I have been able to amend and change the location of where Im going to be staying. My issue is, I did not get an option like before, to choose that I'm going to be living away from home. Will I be receiving further information later after the change was made to apply for additional maintenance loan funding or not ? Since I think on my application I was only eligible for a certain amount of money due to "living at home".

Thanks for your quick reply.
Korneliusz

It will update for you to the 'living away from home' and you'll be reassessed. When you made the change did you select you'd be living away from home? If not, I would advise completing the form as there is a section that allows you to select 'elsewhere' for each term and upload it to your account. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending