The Student Room Group

45 kg at 5'3!!! HELP an underweight girl

Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old girl. I'm 5'3 and I currently weight 45 kg. I have gained weigh over the past few months as I was 42 kg. I have pretty much always been quite skinny. However what things could I eat to increase my weight gain. The thing about me is not that I don't want to eat more it's more like I don't get time to eat enough. So what I've usually been doing is putting some snacks in my bag as well as sandwhiches. Please someone tell me what (healthy) foods will make me gain weight. I don't excercise ATM. I'll probably join the gym once university is over. I do walk a lot though. (I know I should be exercising more.) :redface: My ideal weight is 48 kg I would like to add. :smile:
Watched. I WANNA EAT. SOMEONE DONATE ME THEIR MASS (muscle preferred) :h:
Reply 2
Original post by BrainyBengali

:lol: what

OH feel free to have a bit of mine!!!! You're young enough to turn it in to muscle!
Original post by Sammylou40
OH feel free to have a bit of mine!!!! You're young enough to turn it in to muscle!

1st class Royal Mail Signed For? :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys. I'm a 19 year old girl. I'm 5'3 and I currently weight 45 kg. I have gained weigh over the past few months as I was 42 kg. I have pretty much always been quite skinny. However what things could I eat to increase my weight gain. The thing about me is not that I don't want to eat more it's more like I don't get time to eat enough. So what I've usually been doing is putting some snacks in my bag as well as sandwhiches. Please someone tell me what (healthy) foods will make me gain weight. I don't excercise ATM. I'll probably join the gym once university is over. I do walk a lot though. (I know I should be exercising more.) :redface: My ideal weight is 48 kg I would like to add. :smile:

Top up your calories with a meal replacement drink ( on top of your meals, obviously). Or drink melted ice cream
1st class Royal Mail Signed For? :tongue:

Free post!
Top up your calories with a meal replacement drink ( on top of your meals, obviously). Or drink melted ice cream

Or milkshake. But use full fat milk.
Free post!

Tempting offer hmm... :hmmmm:
Tempting offer hmm... :hmmmm:

How much are you looking for?
Now there's an opportunity! I could be a dealer!
How much are you looking for?

Hmm a good hefty load - 10kg+ good enough? :dumbells:
Done!
That puts me slightly under so I can have a good pig out on holiday!!!
45KG at 5'3, wow that's light, how much should a woman of your height weigh? I reckon my ass weighs more than all of you. :tongue:

Dairy foods like cheese and greek yoghurt are good because they contain saturated fats (the good type) and protein. Meat is good, avoid processed food if you can. Beans, lentils are also good. Keep eating throughout the day but don't overdo your portion sizes.
Original post by Newbie_noob
45KG at 5'3, wow that's light, how much should a woman of your height weigh? I reckon my ass weighs more than all of you. :tongue:

Dairy foods like cheese and greek yoghurt are good because they contain saturated fats (the good type) and protein. Meat is good, avoid processed food if you can. Beans, lentils are also good. Keep eating throughout the day but don't overdo your portion sizes.

I should weight at least 48/49 kg so yes it is light. :colondollar: I checked the scale yesterday and I'm 46 kg right now so it is going up but very slowly. It's very annoying because i know people who eat less than me but weight more. :face palm: I'll try to follow that advice. I wish I just gained the weight quickly. But sadly it doesn't work like that!
Original post by Newbie_noob

I should weight at least 48/49 kg so yes it is light. :colondollar: I checked the scale yesterday and I'm 46 kg right now so it is going up but very slowly. It's very annoying because i know people who eat less than me but weight more. :face palm: I'll try to follow that advice. I wish I just gained the weight quickly. But sadly it doesn't work like that!

Generally eat nuts, meats, regular meals spread through the, full-fat milk ... should help you gain weight, without unwanted side effects!
(edited 7 years ago)

Your alright, put it this way, in 20 years time your friends will probably end up fatter than you and they'll be asking you how you stay slim...

Healthy weight gain happens gradually so give it a few weeks and you should be alright. Don't aim to pile on the pounds all in a week. :s-smilie:
If you use My Fitness Pal, (you can set it so that you gain weight instead of losing weight) it'll give an idea of how much you should eat in order to gain a sensible amount per week.

Quick Reply

Latest