The Student Room Group

Deferring 2nd Year

Hi, I need some advice about deferring my 2nd year of study. I have an opportunity to be in the industry of my study in another country for a year, however I will be completing my first year (this year finishing in May) and after the deferred year I will definitely be finishing my degree, but I do not know what to do about student finance. I have not yet applied for my second year of finance and I cannot seem to find a section on their website about deferring? Is it a case of just leaving it and applying the following year, or do i need to contact them? Many thanks if you can help!
Original post by AR97
Hi, I need some advice about deferring my 2nd year of study. I have an opportunity to be in the industry of my study in another country for a year, however I will be completing my first year (this year finishing in May) and after the deferred year I will definitely be finishing my degree, but I do not know what to do about student finance. I have not yet applied for my second year of finance and I cannot seem to find a section on their website about deferring? Is it a case of just leaving it and applying the following year, or do i need to contact them? Many thanks if you can help!

Make sure your university know that you're suspending your studies for a year/intermitting.

If you wont need funding in 17/18 then you don't need to apply - just let your university notify SLC/SFE that you're suspended for a year and then apply as a continuing student in April 18 for your second year starting in Autumn 2018.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending