The Student Room Group

People who pass their driving test should be awarded a nobel prize

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rayzi6
Lol, do you not realise that you can't 'pass' a T junction, you can only turn left or right... That's why it's called a T junction. If I had arrived at one of those, of course I would have stopped and turned left, you can't go forwards at one...

In my test, he says turn left at the end of the road, but the road never ends, that is what I am trying to explain.

What the poster was trying to say is often T junctions aren't perfectly straight, and it can be possible to completely miss a junction is there if you're not paying attention to the road markings.
Original post by Rayzi6
Lol, do you not realise that you can't 'pass' a T junction, you can only turn left or right... That's why it's called a T junction. If I had arrived at one of those, of course I would have stopped and turned left, you can't go forwards at one...

In my test, he says turn left at the end of the road, but the road never ends, that is what I am trying to explain.

Very unlikely - I suspect it's rather a case of a Y shaped junction that you've mistaken for the road carrying on round.

You've also ignored the main point they made - that if you think you're being automatically failed after one mistake, when in reality you can have up to 15 minors, then your judgement and perception is very poor (you're failing to spot a hazard of your own making): that's what's failing you. Not these mythical quotas, not instructors lying to you, you're just a bad driver and not ready to have a full license.
Reply 22
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
you're just a bad driver and not ready to have a full license.

Absolutely sums up what were all thinking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending