The Student Room Group

I procrastinated all Easter and now I think I'm going to fail my AS levels

Basically, I have wasted all Easter pretending to revise but really I haven't done one single bit of revision. I also had so many essays to do over the holidays and it's my first day back in college and I skipped class trying to finish an essay. I know I've been really stupid but it's done now. I take Religious Studies, English Literature (my teacher is awful) History and Welsh. I'm not worried about Welsh as I am a fluent speaker but any ideas as to what I should do with the others?? Is it too late. Also any tips to actually revising and procrastinating?
Original post by KateEves
Basically, I have wasted all Easter pretending to revise but really I haven't done one single bit of revision. I also had so many essays to do over the holidays and it's my first day back in college and I skipped class trying to finish an essay. I know I've been really stupid but it's done now. I take Religious Studies, English Literature (my teacher is awful) History and Welsh. I'm not worried about Welsh as I am a fluent speaker but any ideas as to what I should do with the others?? Is it too late. Also any tips to actually revising and procrastinating?

You make the best of the time you have left.

You have x days left.
You can manage Y amount of revision per day. Beak it down into30 min units and take away things like 8hrs sleep, going to school 2 hours eating etc. That should leave you Z amount of revision units. be realistic and you are only going to manage 60% of those aim for a min each day.

Distribute how much you have to learn amongst available time and that ends up being your workload. You can use a piece of paper or the TSR study planner.

Just try to get the amount done each day that you can, then each week so that you are halfway in half of the time you have left. Work hard each day and it will ad up. You will also feel better once you have some revision done.

You dont have time to panic, just get done what you have to and use what time you have left, well.

Imagine what it feels like in the exam knowing whether you spent your time revising well or not. , All you need is to do your best. You can deal with results after, but for now just focus, get organised and get stuck into studying.. Consistent focused learning is the only thing that will help you score marks to make you feel a bit more confient.

Introduce exam papers gradually by halfway and hen fully if you have time in the last35-25% of your studies. Dont waste time. You can make a big difference if you get going now.

Quick Reply

Latest