The Student Room Group

Should I bring feelings up in conversation?

Nevermind
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd just try to be honest and candid about it. Even if his initial reactions aren't great you may find that over time you're closer for being honest.
Original post by ginger356
So this guy I like is my best male friend. A few weeks ago we exchanged some *pictures* on snapchat and since then he's acted completely normally and our mutual friends tell me that he'd never go out with me and I know this myself anyway. But i've liked him for a while and now I'm very confused. Do i breach the subject of the nudes with him so we can talk about it and I can hear it from him, or should I leave it and not risk ruining the friendship that I have with him? (I have classes with him & see him every day so don't want it being awkward)

You sent him nudes? If so what do you expect him to say? There have been a couple of threads this weekend about voicing feelings to a best friend. It will change things one way or another. I would just carry on as you are and see what he does. If you tell him now and hes not interested then thats the friendship will die a death.

If you carry on exchanging nudes, then I dont think it will go into the type of relationship you want unless ofc you just wish to sleep with him. Those photos are now on his phone and he can share them with his m8s (unless they vanished via snapchat) and the internet should he ever cease being friends. They were a bad move.imo. Btw I think snapchat images can be recovered with a degree of effort.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You sent him nudes? If so what do you expect him to say? There have been a couple of threads this weekend about voicing feelings to a best friend. It will change things one way or another. I would just carry on as you are and see what he does. If you tell him now and hes not interested then thats the friendship will die a death.

If you carry on exchanging nudes, then I dont think it will go into the type of relationship you want unless ofc you just wish to sleep with him. Those photos are now on his phone and he can share them with his m8s (unless they vanished via snapchat) and the internet should he ever cease being friends. They were a bad move.imo. Btw I think snapchat images can be recovered with a degree of effort.

Yeah I know they were a bad move (only happened once, not a regular thing)- regret it now but yes they vanished on snapchat and he wouldn't share them as he's not like that.
Clearly there must be some attraction on his part though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ginger356
Yeah I know they were a bad move (only happened once, not a regular thing)- regret it now but yes they vanished on snapchat and he wouldn't share them as he's not like that.
Clearly there must be some attraction on his part though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boys are full of hormones, he will sleep with you if he can period.
You are being hopeful if you dont thnk boys dont share photos. Theres a significnat chance he will or brag about them. Not all, but its a risk you take when engaging in this sort of behaviour.

I would move past it. If you mention it to him then you need to be prepared to say hes not interested in a relationship but he will have more photos or sex if its on the menu. Id just carry on being friends and maybe he will open up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending