The Student Room Group

I think I've figured out why most girls are "shallow"

Scroll to see replies

Tbf girls are generally (not all, generally) a bit more shallow than guys, of course, but the way you're putting it comes off as quite extreme.
Reply 41
it works only up to the point where people have kids and realise that bigger isn't necessarily a more reliable partner.

If you're small, and feeling overlooked, have faith: your time will come. Work on viewing girls as equals and not commodities that you resent not getting a share of. You can earn what nature doesn't dish out to you! Just be a decent guy and only have a relationship when you genuinely love each other. Also ,trust me, a man who hoovers and washes up without being asked (properly) will always always outshine every other guy I've every known!

Original post by Ash8991
If you look at it all from a Biological point of view, we Humans are animals and thereby have animalistic traits. And in the animal kingdom, the aggressive and big animals are the ones that are dominant (Excluding Humans who are dominant because of technology). Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males. Now, apply that same logic to Humans. Girls are "shallow" because they want (They're programmed by their genes to want) the tallest and most aggressive mates (boys) so that their offspring will be protected from other competition etc.

I think this makes sense. Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival. Although, society doesn't involve men killing other men just to get with a female and so almost all Human offspring aren't at risk of getting killed by male competition. But still, girls have been programmed to want the biggest mates because we are still animals at the end of the day.

tl;dr : Girls are shallow because they've been biologically programmed to want a male who can protect their offspring
Original post by LeCroissant
But then surely men are shallow too because they only want the "pretty girls" with wide hips and big boobs- which are indicators of good fertility.
That's quite a bold thing to say. Each of the women I've been with would have died either in pregnancy or in childbirth.

Original post by JaffaNeko
I am willing to take one for the girls team and accept a guy with a nice personality. You're welcome girls 😁
Your loss, we're all ****s-in-waiting.
Original post by ChickenMadness
This isn't a new idea lol

This.

But I don't get why everyone's so triggered. :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by LeCroissant
But then surely men are shallow too because they only want the "pretty girls" with wide hips and big boobs- which are indicators of good fertility.
East Asian girls have almost non-existent hips. Doesn't stop guys from being attracted to them, though.

Another thing, do you think big boobs are really an indicator of fertility? Cause there was a theory that said something along the lines of "guys like bigger boobs cause they can feed babies easier and have more milk" and that was proven to be a myth. I don't think there's any correlation between the size of boobs and hips and the number of babies being born. China is the most populous nation in the world, but their women have narrow hips (for the most part). See what I'm getting at?

Original post by Ash8991
Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival.
Says who? If you pick a guy who's truly aggressive, they're going to abuse you and your children without hesitation. There are worse things than death, believe me. If you pick the most aggressive person you can find, they will attack indiscriminately.

Original post by Ash8991
Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males.
Then why aren't all animals big? Shouldn't they be homogeneous if all the females mate with the big males? That's a sign they don't. Common sense.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I want to know why girls are generally attracted to taller guys? Same concept?

Yeah. Taller ones could probably get the higher grapes or something when we were cavemen.
Original post by tapir
East Asian girls have almost non-existent hips. Doesn't stop guys from being attracted to them, though.

Another thing, do you think big boobs are really an indicator of fertility? Cause there was a theory that said something along the lines of "guys like bigger boobs cause they can feed babies easier and have more milk" and that was proven to be a myth. I don't think there's any correlation between the size of boobs and hips and the number of babies being born. China is the most populous nation in the world, but their women have narrow hips (for the most part). See what I'm getting at?

Says who? If you pick a guy who's truly aggressive, they're going to abuse you and your children without hesitation. There are worse things than death, believe me. If you pick the most aggressive person you can find, they will attack indiscriminately.

Then why aren't all animals big? Shouldn't they be homogeneous if all the females mate with the big males? That's a sign they don't. Common sense.

Actually about the wide hips thing... it's basically a societal/environmental thing.

At some point last century skinny, thin hips used to be the equivalent to what we consider "hot" today. Obviously hips are just one example.

Society and culture has a big influence on who you're attracted to.
Original post by black1blade
Another "nice guy" who's salty about not getting girl friends lol. Like I mean I haven't ever had a gf but I don't make threads on the internet complaining about that. Yeah attraction isn't about being ****ing nice and you ****ing know it. You've gotta be confident and assertive. Obviously that can cross into dickhead territory so yeah it's careful line to tread.

Idk crossing into dickhead territory is probably necessary tbh.
Reply 49
Original post by tapir

Male : Female
masculinity - femininity
Dominance - Submissiveness

East Asian girls are stereotypically submissive ... a feminine trait, that is why they do well with guys

East Asian men are stereotypically lacking somewhat in masculinity and dominance, most likely this is why they generally find it harder to attain wider appeal.

femininity seeks out masculinity, masculinity seeks out femininity
Submissiveness responds to Dominance, Dominance seeks Submissiveness
Orrrrrrrr maybe they're just hungry..
Reply 51
Original post by ANM775
Male : Female
masculinity - femininity
Dominance - Submissiveness

East Asian girls are stereotypically submissive ... a feminine trait, that is why they do well with guys

East Asian men are stereotypically lacking somewhat in masculinity and dominance, most likely this is why they generally find it harder to attain wider appeal.

femininity seeks out masculinity, masculinity seeks out femininity
Submissiveness responds to Dominance, Dominance seeks Submissiveness
Hey, you've got it down to an exact science, don'tcha?:wink:
Original post by ANM775
true maybe..

however intelligence is overrated [in terms of it's appeal to women]

the low intelligence looking guy here would do better with women than the boffin looking one

https://s8.postimg.org/mowjg0oj9/whichg2.jpg

If intelligence = money and money = food/stuff, then sooner or later it may be possible that intelligence is more desirable than aesthetics?
Reply 53
Original post by tapir
Hey, you've got it down to an exact science, don'tcha?:wink:

I try...

I've been realising many things lately...
tbf your theory has a lot of psychological evidence to support it, mainly to do with evolution and the fact that height seems to equate to strength, which guarantees emotional and physical protection.
but ofc we now live in a more civilised society where women don't necessarily seek protection from men, not all women go for big tall men, i mean i tend to but each to their own
Reply 55
Original post by _princessxox
tbf your theory has a lot of psychological evidence to support it, mainly to do with evolution and the fact that height seems to equate to strength, which guarantees emotional and physical protection.
but ofc we now live in a more civilised society where women don't necessarily seek protection from men
Domestic violence and marital rape has only been criminalized relatively recently. Something to think about...
Original post by tapir
Domestic violence and marital rape has only been criminalized relatively recently. Something to think about...

fair point but i don't think that's down to society, it wasn't considered a social norm
Reply 57
Original post by angelike1
If intelligence = money and money = food/stuff, then sooner or later it may be possible that intelligence is more desirable than aesthetics?

In theory perhaps,

but in reality having a High IQ doesn't get girls wet [think big bang theory...etc]

Unless that Intelligent person is earning some serious serious money like at least 6 figures annually then his intelligence tends to have little positive effect on his dating life.

Women are not so reliant on men anymore due to feminism etc and obtaining more rights and societies changing opinion on women working. Women are earning good money these days. More women have degree's than men. Now that women are much more financially independent they tend to place more emphasis on aesthetics when looking for a partner than they did before and less emphasis on him being a good earner. The women of today are significantly less willing to trade their looks for money [guy being a good provider]
Reply 58
Original post by angelike1
Yeah. Taller ones could probably get the higher grapes or something when we were cavemen.
Also, modern women wear heels. They're encouraged to wear them and even forced to if the place they work at has a strict dress code. Cavewomen didn't have heels. So I'd say it's a bit of cultural conditioning.
Reply 59
Original post by _princessxox
fair point but i don't think that's down to society, it wasn't considered a social norm
Where? Across the entirety of the Middle East it's completely normal to beat and rape your wife. That's a good sized chunk of the world, and we live in modern times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending