The Student Room Group

I think I've figured out why most girls are "shallow"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tapir
Where? Across the entirety of the Middle East it's completely normal to beat and rape your wife. That's a good sized chunk of the world, and we live in modern times.

i'm talking about western culture and society
Original post by ANM775
In theory perhaps,

but in reality having a High IQ doesn't get girls wet [think big bang theory...etc]

Unless that Intelligent person is earning some serious serious money like at least 6 figures annually then his intelligence tends to have little positive effect on his dating life.

Women are not so reliant on men anymore due to feminism etc and obtaining more rights and societies changing opinion on women working. Women are earning good money these days. More women have degree's than men. Now that women are much more financially independent they tend to place more emphasis on aesthetics when looking for a partner than they did before and less emphasis on him being a good earner. The women of today are significantly less willing to trade their looks for money [guy being a good provider]

In reality it doesnt matter but in the far distant future it might.

It's true women are becoming more independent but if that's a trade-off with their ability to have/want children and care for them, this sort of mentality might start to become less common again and the population of housewives may increase. That's one of the reasons why the UK has an ageing population. There's too much to think about though like whether it's better for a women to work and use the extra money to look after her children or not work and invest her time instead. So most of this is pure speculation.
Reply 62
Original post by angelike1
In reality it doesnt matter but in the far distant future it might.

It's true women are becoming more independent but if that's a trade-off with their ability to have/want children and care for them, this sort of mentality might start to become less common again and the population of housewives may increase. That's one of the reasons why the UK has an ageing population. There's too much to think about though like whether it's better for a women to work and use the extra money to look after her children or not work and invest her time instead. So most of this is pure speculation.

Money can work well for any guy if he can obtain enough of it. [much easier said than done though]

tbh, for those of us who aren't super rich, most of a male attractiveness to women is centered around perceived dominance

components of dominance;

Height
build
Facial masculinity

imo height is the most important component, but it still needs other components to compliment it

here is what happens when you alter the build/height of aesthetic men

http://foreveryoungadult.com/_uploads/images2/captainamerica_serum.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12965692_1740594302844276_956144436_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzMTk4NDU5MzkzMjY2NTA2Ng%3D%3D.2.l

Spoiler

Reply 63
Original post by ANM775
in reality having a High IQ doesn't get girls wet [think big bang theory...etc]

Unless that Intelligent person is earning some serious serious money like at least 6 figures annually then his intelligence tends to have little positive effect on his dating life.
You don't think girls like smart guys? A lot of girls like funny guys, and being funny is a sign that you're pretty sharp/quick witted. I don't think ANY comedians are retarded. I don't know why you gave Big Bang Theory as an example because 1.They're fictional characters 2. They're irritating and nerdy.

I don't know why you assume that people with high IQ are nerds. Most people who go to Uni aren't, but they have to be smart to get in. Also, girls at uni are more likely to be into smart guys since they're smart too. They can even be sort of elitist about it and want guys to be "on their level". Being retarded (or something close to it) will turn most girls off.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Money can work well for any guy if he can obtain enough of it. [much easier said than done though]

tbh, for those of us who aren't super rich, most of a male attractiveness to women is centered around perceived dominance

components of dominance;

Height
build
Facial masculinity

imo height is the most important component, but it still needs other components to compliment it

here is what happens when you alter the build/height of aesthetic men

http://foreveryoungadult.com/_uploads/images2/captainamerica_serum.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12965692_1740594302844276_956144436_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzMTk4NDU5MzkzMjY2NTA2Ng%3D%3D.2.l

Spoiler

Dominance is useful when competing for food. We don't do that anymore. Our survival relies more on intelligence.

I'm just saying in a few thousand years, intelligence may become more of an important factor.
Reply 65
Original post by tapir
You don't think girls like smart guys? A lot of girls like funny guys, and being funny is sign that you're pretty sharp/quick witted. I don't think ANY comedians are retarded. I don't know why you gave Big Bang Theory as an example because 1.They're fictional characters 2. They're nerds.

I don't know why you assume that people with high IQ are nerds. Most people who go to Uni aren't, but they have to be smart to get in. Also, girls at uni are more likely to be into smart guys since they're smart too. They can even be sort of elitist about it and want guys to be "on their level". Being retarded (or something close to it) will turn most girls off.

tbh highly intelligent people ARE often like the guys in Big Bang theory, and even if they arn't ...they often have trouble relating to the more typical person, they're simply on a different wavelength ..it's harder for them to form relationships with people noticeably less intelligent than themselves.

I wouldn't really call your typical uni student high IQ either. The average IQ of a uni student is 115, ...which is above average but nothing spectacular

http://www.iq-brain.com/blog/average-iq-university-students/

try 130> IQ for smart people

true though that A lot of uni girls will probably not be interested in the low IQ guy depicted in the pics.

He'd do ok with average IQ girls and great with low IQ girls

guys with high intelligence usually have higher anxiety and trouble talking to women ...which will aid in resulting in less girls. Also it is well known that higher intelligence people have less partners than lower intelligence people
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by angelike1
Dominance is useful when competing for food. We don't do that anymore. Our survival relies more on intelligence.

I'm just saying in a few thousand years, intelligence may become more of an important factor.

Dominance is very important.

which faces are more attractive?

http://dvg4ol0hclm7o.cloudfront.net/content/royprsb/273/1592/1355/F1.large.jpg

Spoiler

Original post by ANM775
Dominance is very important.

which faces are more attractive?

http://dvg4ol0hclm7o.cloudfront.net/content/royprsb/273/1592/1355/F1.large.jpg

Spoiler

Ask me in a few thousand years. 😂
Original post by Ash8991
If you look at it all from a Biological point of view, we Humans are animals and thereby have animalistic traits. And in the animal kingdom, the aggressive and big animals are the ones that are dominant (Excluding Humans who are dominant because of technology). Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males. Now, apply that same logic to Humans. Girls are "shallow" because they want (They're programmed by their genes to want) the tallest and most aggressive mates (boys) so that their offspring will be protected from other competition etc.

I think this makes sense. Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival. Although, society doesn't involve men killing other men just to get with a female and so almost all Human offspring aren't at risk of getting killed by male competition. But still, girls have been programmed to want the biggest mates because we are still animals at the end of the day.

tl;dr : Girls are shallow because they've been biologically programmed to want a male who can protect their offspring

Talk about jumping to conclusions..
Reply 69
Original post by ANM775
tbh highly intelligent people ARE often like the guys in Big Bang theory, and even if they arn't ...they often have trouble relating to the more typical person, they're simply on a different wavelength ..it's harder for them to form relationships with people noticeably more intelligent than themselves.

Snoop Dogg has a 147 IQ and was always a lady killer. James Woods is one of the smartest people in the world (180 IQ- smarter than Einstein) and lots of women like him. He even has a thing for stupid girls (most likely to boost his ego). Bill Clinton is also smart and lady killer, and there are millions of others like him. Look around you. I've seen people that are a lot smarter than me and have more success with relationships than I do.

Original post by ANM775
Also it is well known that higher intelligence people have less partners than lower intelligence people
You say that like it's a bad thing. Maybe stupid people are more oblivious to STDs and intelligent people have higher standards.

You say that girls like dominance, well guess what, most world leaders came into power by being intelligent and strong willed, and not necessarily good looking. Being intelligent will help you to rise through the ranks. Being intelligent makes you a useful asset.

Look up the YouTube channel "Primitive technology". It just shows you, even back in the stone age being intelligent is important, because it makes you useful and prosperous.
[video="youtube;SLoukoBs8TE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sammylou40

I don't need protection from any man thank you.

All I'm gonna say, is don't ever get into a fight with a man.
Reply 71
Original post by tapir
Snoop Dogg has a 147 IQ and was always a lady killer. James Woods is one of the smartest people in the world (180 IQ- smarter than Einstein) and lots of women like him. He even has a thing for stupid girls (most likely to boost his ego). Bill Clinton is also smart and lady killer, and there are millions of others like him. Look around you. I've seen people that are a lot smarter than me and have more success with relationships than I do.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Maybe stupid people are more oblivious to STDs and intelligent people have higher standards.

You say that girls like dominance, well guess what, most world leaders came into power by being intelligent and strong willed, and not necessarily good looking. Being intelligent will help you to rise through the ranks. Being intelligent makes you a useful asset.

Look up the YouTube channel "Primitive technology". I just shows you, even back in the stone age being intelligent is important, because it makes you useful and prosperous.
[video="youtube;SLoukoBs8TE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE[/video]

am surprised about snoop dogg tbh, he certainly doesn't come across that way.

he certainly doesn't "look" high IQ either. If he actually came across as a smart black man [like carlton banks] I don't think he'd do as well with the ladies.

I think I did say though a mans attractiveness is mostly about , "perceived Dominance"

that would cover snoop dogg, as he doesn't appear low dominance does he?

fair point about being a world leader, however you'll find much more perceived dominant males out there than world leaders.

you're basically saying a guy has to make it to world leader status to reap the rewards of his intelligence when it comes to women.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 72
Title should be 'I think I've figured out why girls like alpha males' as your theory tells us nothing about why looks matter to women.
Well, most of you seem to disagree with me (Or agree with me but think I'm some sort of rejected cuck who's salty; ironically, that isn't the case since I'm not looking for a gf right now. Fwb maybe but gf? Nah, not until i've finished uni) but can we all just agree on this?: Shallowness is fundamentally natural; we are all programmed to be shallow
Reply 74
Original post by Anonymous
Well, most of you seem to disagree with me (Or agree with me but think I'm some sort of rejected cuck who's salty; ironically, that isn't the case since I'm not looking for a gf right now. Fwb maybe but gf? Nah, not until i've finished uni) but can we all just agree on this?: Shallowness is fundamentally natural; we are all programmed to be shallow

(Accidentally made it anonymous)
Original post by cbreef
All I'm gonna say, is don't ever get into a fight with a man.

Seriously, grow up
Firstly, why would I get into a fight with anyone?
And should I therefore expect a man to fight in my place?
This is about the op opinion that women are shallow
Wanting protection from men
WE DONT
Original post by Anonymous

Nope.
Maybe selfish. But certainly not shallow
Original post by Sammylou40
Seriously, grow up
Firstly, why would I get into a fight with anyone?
And should I therefore expect a man to fight in my place?
This is about the op opinion that women are shallow
Wanting protection from men
WE DONT

Triggered much? :rofl: Jeez... you sound so offended.
Original post by Ash8991
If you look at it all from a Biological point of view, we Humans are animals and thereby have animalistic traits. And in the animal kingdom, the aggressive and big animals are the ones that are dominant (Excluding Humans who are dominant because of technology). Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males. Now, apply that same logic to Humans. Girls are "shallow" because they want (They're programmed by their genes to want) the tallest and most aggressive mates (boys) so that their offspring will be protected from other competition etc.

I think this makes sense. Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival. Although, society doesn't involve men killing other men just to get with a female and so almost all Human offspring aren't at risk of getting killed by male competition. But still, girls have been programmed to want the biggest mates because we are still animals at the end of the day.

tl;dr : Girls are shallow because they've been biologically programmed to want a male who can protect their offspring

It's great you've worked this out, but it's not news in 2017 I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending