The Student Room Group

Help

Ok so im white british joined a dating site haha saw a beautiful indian girl who lived very close (same road) this girl does not work in this area and doesnt know anyone here she clearly stated she is looking to make new friends here as she doesn't know anyone. So we got chatting met up last week went out for a meal straight away i found her very interesting and very attractive we had a great night covo meal few drinks. For the last week we have been non stop texting asking questions i told her i like her not in those words but you get my drift i asked her what she thought of me and yeah shes interested finds me attractive etc spoke about meeting up for a date i was obviously really happy got chatting more and it got to the point where she said i have to understand her culture her family are looking and have been for some time for someone for her to marry and the family are very religious. i have no clue on religion what so ever so i asked ok so say for instance we got on clicked etc how would it work. She replied well providing we got on shared similar interests etc then she cant see why it cant work but her parents will not be very happy and if i was to meet the family they would show interest talk etc but hate me and wouldn't be happy with her this is the worrying point.I didn't realise how important this was as she said the parents looking for her to marry a doctor same culture etc. im learning alot from her and getting more of an understanding but not enough.Can some people fire some advice my way please. more on what i need to know .
Reply 1
As I am half indian i get it i Have seen it all before my mum actually got disowned from my grandad for 2 years as she married a white person (the wwhite person is my dad aha) so anyways he did come to accept it and now theyre working together! He wasnt very open minded but my mum stuck to her guns and did what she felt was right otherwise she wouldnt have had me and sometimes indian people are very strict and wont accept it it depends how you are as a person and how you would portray yourself to them if you had met them. I hope all goes well. I feel if she does spend some actual time together first just let it sway and then when it does come into conversatio when you realise its getting serious take in options. Indian people can be very picky want their son in laws to be indian most of the time and be doctors and marine biologists aha. hope all goes well and my advice helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending