The Student Room Group

UCAS points advice

Hi :smile: , so basically I've been looking at the required ucas points for a subject im interested in for university and it says i need 96 minimum. This has got my anxious as I'm predicted to get around 90 so will they let me in the course if I get 94 for example? Or do I need exactly 96?

Also, when it says you need 32 points for a C( I think) does that mean the whole grade or if i got the top band of C would I get more points?

Thanks guys :h: !
Original post by Pedrex
Hi :smile: , so basically I've been looking at the required ucas points for a subject im interested in for university and it says i need 96 minimum. This has got my anxious as I'm predicted to get around 90 so will they let me in the course if I get 94 for example? Or do I need exactly 96?

Also, when it says you need 32 points for a C( I think) does that mean the whole grade or if i got the top band of C would I get more points?

Thanks guys :h: !

To answer your first question, I'm not sure how they'd feel if you applied with lower predicted grades than stated, however, if you successfully get an offer and miss it, anuniversity can accept you st their discretion.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
To answer your first question, I'm not sure how they'd feel if you applied with lower predicted grades than stated, however, if you successfully get an offer and miss it, anuniversity can accept you st their discretion.

Thanks for the reply and advice :smile: its not so much getting lower predicted grades, I'm curious if they would accept me if for example the course required 120 ucas points but I only got 115. Do you think they would accept me?
Original post by Pedrex
Thanks for the reply and advice :smile: its not so much getting lower predicted grades, I'm curious if they would accept me if for example the course required 120 ucas points but I only got 115. Do you think they would accept me?

It's up to them, how many other applicants missed their offer, other merits of your applicTion etc. So it is possible.

One of my friends missed his offer by 3 A-level grades and was still accepted (I think that works out to be a lot more than 5 UCAS points)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending