The Student Room Group

What does examiners reaction say about my presentation?

Hi guys,

Last week I had my final uni exam (I'm in my 2nd year) and I had to do a presentation in front of my lecture class and two examiners (who happen to be my lecturers too). After the 20 minutes, as I walked to my seat I could quietly hear them talking. The woman wrote down a percentage on a bit of paper, showed him and went "no?" And then wrote another number down. They spent the most amount of time talking about my work. She then told him to pick between the two figures and he pointed to one. About 30 minutes later, after someone else finished presented, they went back to my work, And briefly discussed it again.

I'm really concerned. It could be that I've done really badly and I know it's completely out of my hands now. I've only ever achieved 1sts throughout my uni experience, but this module was tough and it was joint (as in I had a partner- we both will get the same grade). I'm going on holiday tomorrow but I'm thinking about it. Also my partner today dreamt we got a 'u' so basically failed.

What do you think the examiners reactions could have meant? Thanks everyone.
Original post by Ahelpinghand
Hi guys,

Last week I had my final uni exam (I'm in my 2nd year) and I had to do a presentation in front of my lecture class and two examiners (who happen to be my lecturers too). After the 20 minutes, as I walked to my seat I could quietly hear them talking. The woman wrote down a percentage on a bit of paper, showed him and went "no?" And then wrote another number down. They spent the most amount of time talking about my work. She then told him to pick between the two figures and he pointed to one. About 30 minutes later, after someone else finished presented, they went back to my work, And briefly discussed it again.

I'm really concerned. It could be that I've done really badly and I know it's completely out of my hands now. I've only ever achieved 1sts throughout my uni experience, but this module was tough and it was joint (as in I had a partner- we both will get the same grade). I'm going on holiday tomorrow but I'm thinking about it. Also my partner today dreamt we got a 'u' so basically failed.

It means they sat through your presentation and marked it just like everyone else. You are overthinking it .. You can either obsess about something you have no control over or you can enjoy your holiday.

Perhaps they were deciding whether to have 12" or 16" Pizza?
Original post by Ahelpinghand
Hi guys,

If you've mostly got firsts, then i woudn't worry, as its not going to make much difference. I'd guess anyway that they were deciding between a first and a 2:i, as that would more likely be contentious than between 2:1, 2:2 or 2:2, 3rd.

Quick Reply

Latest