The Student Room Group

Leader of the Green Party is coming on TSR! Ask Caroline Lucas a question!

Scroll to see replies

The video of her answers is supposed to be here, but I'm just seeing a blank space where it should be. Looks more like a technical error than anything else. Can anyone else see the video or is it an error at thestudentroom's side?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=28656-Caroline-Lucas-answers-student-questions-on-The-Student-Room
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It's my understanding that she has already answered questions and there is a video up on TSR's YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogZUp72TU4Q

Yep. Not watched it fully, but I bet that she's not been asked any of the difficult questions.
https://youtu.be/ogZUp72TU4Q?t=535

Caroline Lucas refers to cannabis as "Skunk"

Apparently satire is not appropriate
Original post by Zimbombardo
Under Corbyn, Labour has become increasingly left-wing, and has now re-adopted many similar policies and stances to the Green Party. I also commend your party for tactically withdrawing candidates in key Labour-Tory battlegrounds.

Was this done with the aim of supporting Labour because you support their new policies and leadership, or rather as a means of providing an effective opposition to the Tories in seats which you know you were very unlikely to win? If it was the former, under what circumstances would you encourage somebody to vote Green, given that you share many of the same policies as Labour?

Thank you for asking that - I was going to ask the same thing
Disappointed but not particularly surprised to see her avoid the question on nuclear energy.
Original post by Trinculo
Apparently satire is not appropriate

TSR has a strict no-criticism policy...including against itself, it seems. Tsk.
Global warming is a work of nature, it may or may not be accelerated by CO2 emissions a number of scientists are ridiculed and prohibited from career progression when they ask legitimate questions about the 'evidence', would you as leader sponsor scientists critical of the evidence? this would tell me you're a balanced person who will avoid propaganda and allow science to takes its rigorous course.

Secondly green levies, taxes and energy are expensive! for sure the Islington set can cut back on garden parties to save on costs. but what assurances do you hold for the working poor, working class and those in business who's activity may be inhibited?

finally say we the UK do cut back on CO2 emissions, do you REALLY think China and India and the emerging markets are going to slow down their industrialisation, economic development and societal benefits in order to save the planets? if anything they themselves would relish for us to increase costs it makes things easier vis-a-vis economic competition for their own businesses and industries, this will have economic consequences for the West. what do you think?

--
Personal note: Very well done for allowing people to ask you direct questions ... although I'm very skeptical of the Green Party, you seem like a delightfully charming politician.
What is your opinion on the current voting system in the UK?- Do you think FPTP should be kept or scrapped considering it gives disproportional results?
Reply 69
Would you consider setting a flat tax rate for everyone, regardless of their income?
I'm disappointed that TSR feels the need to provide satire protection for MPs.
I'm disappointed that TSR feels the need to provide satire protection for MPs.

Was it satire then? Felt like a stream of childlike point scorings to me.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Was it satire then? Felt like a stream of childlike point scorings to me.

That's what satire passes for nowadays.

What do you call Angela Rayner's response to almost anything in interview other than childish point scoring? It seems to me that if you don't like it - you call it childish point scoring; if you do like it, they're important issues being brought up.

Is Jonathan Pie satire, or just a dishevelled idiot with an axe to grind?

I find it very unlikely that any posts on TSR will be removed which are critical of Conservatives - many of which imply some kind of inherent evil, or propensity to commity murder. Conservative MPs have to handle this. They have to take it because that's what being an MP is. The Greens apparently need to be shielded by TSR.
(edited 6 years ago)
That's what satire passes for nowadays.

What do you call Angela Rayner's response to almost anything in interview other than childish point scoring? It seems to me that if you don't like it - you call it childish point scoring; if you do like it, they're important issues being brought up.

Is Jonathan Pie satire, or just a dishevelled idiot with an axe to grind?

I find it very unlikely that any posts on TSR will be removed which are critical of Conservatives - many of which imply some kind of inherent evil, or propensity to commity murder. Conservative MPs have to handle this. They have to take it because that's what being an MP is. The Greens apparently need to be shielded by TSR.

I thought it was pretty funny (and accurate) If you have it saved somewhere, could you PM me please?
Original post by alexknowsitall
Should the Green Party be promising to provide free disposable towels and tampons to those who cannot afford it? Would it not be better to provide those who are in need with free reusable period products to limit the amount of non-recyclable waste going to landfill?
Thank you

Her answer to this question annoyed me. Why give people a choice if you're giving stuff away for free?

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Was it satire then? Felt like a stream of ch ildlike point scorings to me.

... It's Caroline Lucas, for the Green Party ... What's the point in taking it seriously?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending