The Student Room Group

Does he feel the same way?

So im in this class with this guy, Nathan, and he's easily 6ft with soft brown hair. Hes smart, funny and kind (isnt that just the worst!). Every time he walks into the classroom my heart starts throbbing, i cant control myself around, its unnatural! He's being dropping sublte hints that he likes me such as holding the door open for me & everytime i look at him he turns his face away and smiles but i dont know how to interpret these signs? AM I CRAZZY? or do these signs meaning nothing??
We've known each other for a while now and ive been in his class for about 2 years but he's never made any meaningful moves, so is this just meaningless flirting or does he feel the same way?
He also works at a bar FULL of hot girls so WHY would he even look in my direction?? PLEAASE HELP! I go to the bar easily 3 times a week just to see him ( i dont order anything, i just like to watch him) but i dont think hes noticed me :frown:.
Thx for reading this, any suggestions will be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by janewilliams18
So im in this class with this guy, Nathan, and he's easily 6ft with soft brown hair. Hes smart, funny and kind (isnt that just the worst!). Every time he walks into the classroom my heart starts throbbing, i cant control myself around, its unnatural! He's being dropping sublte hints that he likes me such as holding the door open for me & everytime i look at him he turns his face away and smiles but i dont know how to interpret these signs? AM I CRAZZY? or do these signs meaning nothing??
We've known each other for a while now and ive been in his class for about 2 years but he's never made any meaningful moves, so is this just meaningless flirting or does he feel the same way?
He also works at a bar FULL of hot girls so WHY would he even look in my direction?? PLEAASE HELP! I go to the bar easily 3 times a week just to see him ( i dont order anything, i just like to watch him) but i dont think hes noticed me :frown:.

Walk up to him and start a conversation...
Original post by Bham369
Walk up to him and start a conversation...

Yeah but what if he rejects me? Like looks at me as if i am a freak!!! i dont want to risk it, what if i open my mouth and words just dont come out?!?! :cry2:
Reply 3
Yeah but what if he rejects me? Like looks at me as if i am a freak!!! i dont want to risk it, what if i open my mouth and words just dont come out?!?! :cry2:

Do you both similar interests? If not just ask about some sort of work that you "don't get"....

If not just say "hey. How are you?"
Reply 4
Why not order a drink and try and get him to serve you... it could be a possible convo starter in class, you could ask him how long he's been working there and if he enjoys it etc.
Reply 5
you sound like an absolute nutter lmao
(edited 6 years ago)
! I go to the bar easily 3 times a week just to see him ( i dont order anything, i just like to watch him) but i dont think hes noticed me :frown:

Hi it's Nathan here... Jk. This isn't okay, like this is stalkerish, you need to calm down a little bit as if he notices that you're desperate he'll just use that lol. If you're sure that he's flirting with you & whatnot just try to spark a conversation.
Original post by Bham369
Do you both similar interests? If not just ask about some sort of work that you "don't get"....

If not just say "hey. How are you?"

I dont know how! He's on the football team and SOO HOT! but im just average and well, like, guys like him dont typically go for girls like me </3
Original post by Gunjo
you sound like a mental nutter lmao

I know this might sound weird but my feelings are true :frown:
Original post by CHarrisMedia
Hi it's Nathan here... Jk. This isn't okay, like this is stalkerish, you need to calm down a little bit as if he notices that you're desperate he'll just use that lol. If you're sure that he's flirting with you & whatnot just try to spark a conversation.

teehee you got me :wink: I just want to make sure he notices me properly, i understand i might have to stop going to the bar but i want to make some effort, somehow.
I dont know how! He's on the football team and SOO HOT! but im just average and well, like, guys like him dont typically go for girls like me </3

The way i got talking to the guy I like was I walked up to him and literally just said "Hi, just got to say I love what you are wearing..."

We have spoken each and everyday since. He plays rugby, was student president etc. Every girl at college fancied him. Yet we are still talking.

My point is you just have to do it! Get in there!
Original post by aarora
Why not order a drink and try and get him to serve you... it could be a possible convo starter in class, you could ask him how long he's been working there and if he enjoys it etc.

I might try it, but im not a very confident person but i cant just keep these feelings to myself. Its a great idea but i just need the confidence.
Apologies, I seem to have left my crystal ball at home.

I'm afraid you'll have to try talking to him yourself, sorry about that.

Everyone gets nervous sometimes but it's better to try than to hope something will happen. If he rejects you, he's not worth it and then at least you can move on. :smile:
Original post by Bham369
The way i got talking to the guy I like was I walked up to him and literally just said "Hi, just got to say I love what you are wearing..."

We have spoken each and everyday since. He plays rugby, was student president etc. Every girl at college fancied him. Yet we are still talking.

My point is you just have to do it! Get in there!

Yeah, i just wish i had your confidence ;(
Yeah, i just wish i had your confidence ;(

You've just got to do it. Don't think about it too much just do it!

Just speak to him or of he looks at you then smile.
Reply 17

forget nathan, focus on getting the A*'s
Original post by ahad47
forget nathan, focus on getting the A*'s

but hes my a* and i want the D
He wants ur babies

Quick Reply

Latest