The Student Room Group

Flirty Guy

So there is this guy that I knew from ages ago (like 4-5) years ago and I recently met him again. He started texting me a couple days ago and I can already see some flirtations in the messages. However, he is a SUPER outgoing and friendly guy and may just be *that* kind of guy.
I have two questions really:

1. How can I sus out if he does actually like me (and isn’t just really flirty) when we are only texting?
2. How can I still be friendly but not lead him on if he does like me?
I suppose there's no better way to learn for sure then to go on a friendly "date" in a coffee house and observe his body language
However, from what you've described, he seems to be into you. So, if you don't feel the same way, it's best to be open about it when the two of you meet in person
I agree with the previous answer, meeting in a casual location is a good way to sus things out. Also, continue texting him to see if this continues and changes depending on the topic. Also, if you have any mutual friends, consider asking them if he acts the same around them. Hope this helps :rave:
Reply 3
Original post by incendiesblvd
I suppose there's no better way to learn for sure then to go on a friendly "date" in a coffee house and observe his body language
However, from what you've described, he seems to be into you. So, if you don't feel the same way, it's best to be open about it when the two of you meet in person

Original post by taylor2317
I agree with the previous answer, meeting in a casual location is a good way to sus things out. Also, continue texting him to see if this continues and changes depending on the topic. Also, if you have any mutual friends, consider asking them if he acts the same around them. Hope this helps :rave:

Thank you both. He told me that he’d be coming down in a few weeks (he lives elsewhere) and we should meet up to catch up. Maybe I’ll take him up on it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you both. He told me that he’d be coming down in a few weeks (he lives elsewhere) and we should meet up to catch up. Maybe I’ll take him up on it.

*posting as a new reply because it won’t let me edit*

Another thing is, how would I tell my parents that I want to meet up with a boy without them thinking it’s a date or teasing me about that? I can’t drive so they’d have to take me which I feel like would be ✨awkward✨
Reply 5
Or, better yet, how could I encourage a group hangout before he asks me to hang out? Then I won’t feel awkward about telling my parents and I’d feel more comfortable about hanging out as it’s not one on one (I’m a socially anxious introvert so…)
Original post by Anonymous
*posting as a new reply because it won’t let me edit*

Another thing is, how would I tell my parents that I want to meet up with a boy without them thinking it’s a date or teasing me about that? I can’t drive so they’d have to take me which I feel like would be ✨awkward✨

Tell them you are meeting up with a friend that they would know - if they are controlling, ask the friend to vouch for you. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending