The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Where to live

Hi, Which is better for first year Solent students, Lucia Foster Welch or Liberty Quays?
Hi,

It all depends on what you're looking for;

Distance - They are both pretty much equal, however Lucia Foster (LF) is the furthest away from Solent Uni
Going out/Drinking/Busyness - LF is more busy than Liberty Quays (LQ) however it is still fairly busy
Rooms - LQ has nicer rooms; they have en-suite bathrooms and double beds, LF have single beds and shared bathrooms with a sink in the bedroom.
Price - LF is cheaper than LQ by a fair amount, I think it's roughly £40 a week cheaper

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask as I would be happy to help! :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Hi, I'm Silverio from Spain and the next course I'm going to study in Southampton Solent University with Erasmus program. I'm in the process to choose accommodation and I'm between two options (Lucia Foster or Crescent Place). I wold like to know some things about both residences.

- Bathrooms. In LC, How many people use the same bathroom ?
- Environment. Where there are more international people?
- Party. Where is better for party ?
- Guests. Could I invite friends to sleep ?

Thank you
Original post by silveriojmc
Hi, I'm Silverio from Spain and the next course I'm going to study in Southampton Solent University with Erasmus program. I'm in the process to choose accommodation and I'm between two options (Lucia Foster or Crescent Place). I wold like to know some things about both residences.

- Bathrooms. In LC, How many people use the same bathroom ?
- Environment. Where there are more international people?
- Party. Where is better for party ?
- Guests. Could I invite friends to sleep ?

Thank you

Hi Silverio,

I'm a Southampton Solent student from second year, happy to answer any questions you have!

Well firstly as you may or may not know the difference between the two is that Lucia Foster is University Halls, whereas Crescent Place is private halls. This does not mean, however, that university students do not go to Crescent Place because they do!

Let me answer your questions!

Lucia Foster bathrooms;
In a flat, within the building there will 6, 8 or 10 single study- bedrooms, each with a washbasin and there will be roughly 4/5 Individual toilet and shower facilities in each flat. So the toilet and shower ratio will roughly be 1 to 2 people. The toilets and showers get cleaned every day by cleaners so you don't have to worry about them getting dirty!

Environment;
I would say there are more international people at Crescent Place because it's private halls and most of the people I know who lived there were international.

Party;
Lucia Foster is known to be very party! I think this is because it is the biggest of all the Solent halls. However, I know Crescent Place also has a party scene as my international friends have told me!

Guests;
I know at Lucia Foster you can have guests to visit, all you have to do is sign them in at the reception and then you are good to go. They can also stay for 1 or 2 nights something like that but if they're staying for long periods that's not allowed and you may get into trouble.
With Crescent Place, I'm not 100% sure. I called their number (T: +44 (0) 23 80181080) to ask them but couldn't get through so I will leave it with you if you want to call them and double check. On their website, they state this;

Are there spare rooms for visitors to stay in?
No, unfortunately our buildings are filled to the brim with fun-loving students every year.

However that's only about spare rooms, I'm sure if you register your friend at reception they are allowed to stay for 1 or 2 nights just like Lucia Foster.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:

Good luck!
Georgina
Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador
Hi Silverio,

I'm a Southampton Solent student from second year, happy to answer any questions you have!

Well firstly as you may or may not know the difference between the two is that Lucia Foster is University Halls, whereas Crescent Place is private halls. This does not mean, however, that university students do not go to Crescent Place because they do!

Let me answer your questions!

Lucia Foster bathrooms;
In a flat, within the building there will 6, 8 or 10 single study- bedrooms, each with a washbasin and there will be roughly 4/5 Individual toilet and shower facilities in each flat. So the toilet and shower ratio will roughly be 1 to 2 people. The toilets and showers get cleaned every day by cleaners so you don't have to worry about them getting dirty!

Environment;
I would say there are more international people at Crescent Place because it's private halls and most of the people I know who lived there were international.

Party;
Lucia Foster is known to be very party! I think this is because it is the biggest of all the Solent halls. However, I know Crescent Place also has a party scene as my international friends have told me!

Guests;
I know at Lucia Foster you can have guests to visit, all you have to do is sign them in at the reception and then you are good to go. They can also stay for 1 or 2 nights something like that but if they're staying for long periods that's not allowed and you may get into trouble.
With Crescent Place, I'm not 100% sure. I called their number (T: +44 (0) 23 80181080) to ask them but couldn't get through so I will leave it with you if you want to call them and double check. On their website, they state this;

Are there spare rooms for visitors to stay in?
No, unfortunately our buildings are filled to the brim with fun-loving students every year.

However that's only about spare rooms, I'm sure if you register your friend at reception they are allowed to stay for 1 or 2 nights just like Lucia Foster.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:

Good luck!
Georgina

Thank you very much for the answer, you have clarified all my doubts.

Regards.
Original post by silveriojmc
Thank you very much for the answer, you have clarified all my doubts.

Regards.

Glad you found it helpful! Any other questions you have let me know, I would be happy to answer them :smile:

Good luck in September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending