The Student Room Group

“Do you live with your parents” - complicated SFE

Hi, I’m applying for the maintenance loan for my second year, and I’ve always lived with my mother outside of term time. However, our house has just been sold and she’s been evicted, so she’s had to move into shared accommodation. Because of this, I’m technically not allowed to live with her, however she says there’s a chance I maybe able to stay with her during the summer. We’re not estranged and she still supports me so I’m wondering on what to put for my application? Thanks.
The question about where you are living is about during term time so this isn’t affected by your mum’s situation.

Also if she’s still willing to support your application then you can still list her as your supporting parent for the household income assessment (although if she’s in a shared property then she will need to read the guidance carefully to understand whether SFE would count anyone she lives with as part of your household)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The question about where you are living is about during term time so this isn’t affected by your mum’s situation.
Also if she’s still willing to support your application then you can still list her as your supporting parent for the household income assessment (although if she’s in a shared property then she will need to read the guidance carefully to understand whether SFE would count anyone she lives with as part of your household)

Hi, The question is asking where I’m living outside of term time because if I click on I don’t live with my parents it then proceeds to ask me if I’m an orphan etc. later on in the application it asks me where I’m staying during term time. I’m lost on what to put
Hi there. For your assessment, you can put that you are with parents outside of term time, you can select this option and this will not effect your assessment or entitlement and will allow you to continue with your application. As long as you state you are living elsewhere when asked later in the application, you will be correctly assessed. Thanks, David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending