The Student Room Group

does anyone else feel angry with lefties

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wōden
Of course it will. If you halt further immigration from the very demographics (Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian muslims) that are producing these radicals, it will go a hell of a long way to preventing future attacks. How can you not understand this?

I'm confused. I though 7/7, Westminster, Jo Cox and Manchester terrorists were all UK born?
Reply 61
I agree to an extent, we have a lot a Muslims but there are other immigrants such as Sikhs for instance who have done no harm at all (search up Sikhs Manchester into google and theirs so many websites saying how they have helped people) then there are people like the Polish who have contributed to the economy. The NHS wouldn't survive without foreign doctors. Muslims are the problem and migration of Muslims into the country causes issues like this. I agree it's not all Muslims but it's more than the media reports. Muslims need to battle terrorism in their own communities (Mosques all over the UK need to try and stop radicalisation) more needs to be done by UK Muslims to stop this.
Original post by ByEeek
I'm confused. I though 7/7, Westminster, Jo Cox and Manchester terrorists were all UK born?

The Jo Cox murder is irrelevant. We are discussing Muslim/Jihadi terrorism here.
Only the loony left thinks we need to be concerned about a single nutter rather than 23,000 Muslim terrorist suspects. Equivalent to the entire armed forces of Denmark.

Yes, they were often born here, to immigrant parents. So the logic is pretty simple. Stop all new Muslim immigrants now. NO MORE. So in the next generation we don't get more of their children growing up as the murderers or rapists of ours.

As for those here now jail or intern them or strip them of citizenship and deport them if they indulge in terrorism or paedophilia.
Original post by astutehirstute
The Jo Cox murder is irrelevant. We are discussing Muslim/Jihadi terrorism here.

Not really. Terrorism is terrorism surely? The theme I am picking up on, is that the recent terrorist events are being used as an excuse to vocalise and exercise prejudice and bigotry against Muslims in general.

I am appalled by any act of terrorism regardless of who committed it and it is their motives I am concerned about, not what religion they might say they are acting in accordance with.

Islam does not equal terrorism. If it did, surely every Muslim would be up in arms?
Say we did close off all our borders - what about the children in those countries that would die as a result? Are there lives somehow not as valuable as ours?

They are refugees for a reason.

Notice how I said 'refugees' and not 'terrorists'....because there's a hell of a difference.
Original post by karl pilkington
People like jk rowling, lily allen, owen jones, james obrien, johnny marr, gary lineker etc They are the people who opposed the muslim travel ban wanting syrian refugees promoting mass immigration and the concept of 'islamophobia'. I can't help but blame them for this attack even though that is not rational. They shouted down the right as 'racist' islamophobists etc. They call people like Tommy Robinson a nazi etc. Now we have a load of dead children. This wouldn't have happened without immigration from muslim countries and weak border policies.

How would banning Syrian refugees prevent a terrorist attack by someone that lived in Manchester his whole life? Bizarre.
People like jk rowling, lily allen, owen jones, james obrien, johnny marr, gary lineker etc They are the people who opposed the muslim travel ban wanting syrian refugees promoting mass immigration and the concept of 'islamophobia'. I can't help but blame them for this attack even though that is not rational. They shouted down the right as 'racist' islamophobists etc. They call people like Tommy Robinson a nazi etc. Now we have a load of dead children. This wouldn't have happened without immigration from muslim countries and weak border policies.

Yes it would have. The bomber was here long before.

No wonder the right is labelled stupid...
fair point but they actual refugees from Syria have caused huge problems in Germany and Islamic terrorism is now a huge problem so we should not ever consider letting 'refugees' in from Muslim countries. More careful as in stopping all immigration from Muslim countries and halting all 'refugee' programmes. Bearing in mind that most of the attacks that took place in Europe were carried out by 'refugees'.

That is not true.

I actually agree with you - Islam is a terrible ideology and the world would be better without it.

However, your argumentation is so ****ing rubbish, and based purely on blind, ignorant hate, that it is no wonder that a) see post above and b) you will be opposed for voicing this rubbish.
Original post by generallee
We hate them because they kill us.

They hate us and then kill us.

Quite a big difference, huh?

If you want to know how the British left have totally lost the plot, here you have it.

You clowns, you idiotic, self hating appeasers of evil, think it is wrong to hate people who blow up eight year old girls.

Maybe saying that is Islamophobic? Waycist? :angry:

Actually, we killed them first. But great to see your misinformed bias show.
Original post by alextheowl
This is how we can be more careful. For a start, Abedi and the Westminster attacker were each among the roughly 3,000 religious extremists known to MI5. If only more precautions had been taken to stop him, this attack could have been prevented. The government isn't doing enough to either put these people in prison with harsh sentences (even people saying things on social media should not be taken lightly) and, if necessary, deport them.

This.

You do not get on that list by accident. If you get on that list an immediate investigation should be made and you should be put in prison for life as a danger to society. Just change the law. Make it illegal to say stuff like the stuff Abedi was saying. Any normal person wouldn't say those anyway...not to mention that by saying that, you corrupt others.
Original post by Lilligant22
The point is that we need to stay strong in times like this. People are still people, they have feelings. Just because one person in Syria carried out a terrorist attack somewhere does NOT mean that people from the likes of Yemen to be unable to go anywhere just because of that one person.

I know that it's honestly really hard to not blame "all Muslims" for this, but you really need to not give in to hatred. One of the reasons why some people are sympathising with ISIS is because they are becoming increasingly isolated in their own community. By "joining" ISIS, it's one of the only ways they can join a group and to be with other people who "accept" them.

Muslims in this world are not the ones at fault for the massacre that happened. This disgusting crime was conjured up in the mind of a single sick ISIS supporter; not a Muslim. No ISIS supporters are Muslim.

Immigrants do not belong in our UK, that's true, but I do not agree with deporting anyone who lawfully have a right to be here.

How tf is it hard to not blame all Muslims for this? Anyone with a brain would know better than this. I don't have to reference the last leader who blamed an entire group of people for the bad things happening in a certain country

And the UK did not belong in the US, Africa, Middle-East and many other places. This is country has the obligation to help refugees.
This wouldn't have happened without immigration from muslim countries and weak border policies.

Proof you havent got a clue about what's going on. If you're uneducated and uninformed thats ok but stop spreading nonsense like this.

His family were given asylum here under a conservative govt, so yeah it's pretty irrational to blame the left for this attack.

Not that I'm blaming the Tory govt of the 80's/90's for this as that'd be ridiculous.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What about the communists fighting ISIS?

When ISIS had surrounded Kobane in 2015 the only direction the residents there could flee to or use as a supply route for the people staying behind to defend the city from the Islamists was on the Turkey border. Turkey of course blockaded the border and stopped any supplies getting through and preventing people from fleeing ISIS. Its a miracle the city managed to hold against ISIS.

Feminised European leftists are nothing like the macho revolutionary leftists of the last century and those who fight outside Europe.

**** borders.

Guess what, the Turks have every right to choose their border policy so go to hell.
Original post by The Great Game
Feminised European leftists are nothing like the macho revolutionary leftists of the last century and those who fight outside Europe.

Those Communists have 100% female armies and female quotas for leadership roles. It is dominated by feminist ideology. The ideological war in that region is very much about women vs patriarchy.

Original post by The Great Game

Guess what, the Turks have every right to choose their border policy so go to hell.

Tukey is a failed democracy. The only people doing the choosing are the warring ruling class factions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Those Communists have 100% female armies and female quotas for leadership. It is dominated by feminist ideology.

That does not in any way undermine what I am saying, giving a woman a gun, military training and telling her to go out and kill Daesh terrorists is not feminine whatsoever. European feminism is based on feminine supremacy (note the fact I've used the word feminine, rather than female) in that it seeks to support women in their hyperfeminine behaviours and foster these behaviours in males. Empowering women by imbuing them with masculine traits is the complete opposite of what Western leftists do.
Reply 76
There's more chances of a terririst act being done by a british pakistani muslims then other muslims, including muslim refugees.
need to be more careful about who we let in

??? Have some all-seeing mist in your closet? More often than not people are radicalised whilst in England and not coming into England with that rationale, besides the bombing of the middle-East is more of a contributor than what you say. So we should bomb civilians and then not let innocent people (including children) escape the conflict and reside in England?
Original post by yudothis
Actually, we killed them first. But great to see your misinformed bias show.

Ah, an Islamoleftist joins the discussion. :biggrin:

Bin Laden flew planes into the WTC and killed thousands of Americans BEFORE military action in Afghanistan or Iraq, or Libya or Syria.

Up till then the US had defended one Arab country Kuwait from a homocidal dictator who invaded it, and protected Bosnian Muslims.

But if that isn't early enough how far back do you want to go? You do know that Islam is a supremacist ideology which spread at the point of the sword, right? That it expunged Christianity from its birthplace n the middle east through military conquest, conquered the Byzantine Empire and wiped out Christianity from Asia Minor, invaded Europe countless times, controlling Spain, Southern France and much of Central and Eastern Europe? Ravaged the Indian sub continent in horrendously brutal conflicts?

Islam and Christianity have been in a state of periodic war for fourteen centuries.
This is not new. To quibble over who "killed who first" is not only to accept the Islamist narrative in the most extraordinarily self hating way. It demonstrates profound historical ignorance.
Original post by generallee
Ah, an Islamoleftist joins the discussion. :biggrin:

Bin Laden flew planes into the WTC and killed thousands of Americans BEFORE military action in Afghanistan or Iraq, or Libya or Syria.

Up till then the US had defended one Arab country Kuwait from a homocidal dictator who invaded it, and protected Bosnian Muslims.

But if that isn't early enough how far back do you want to go? You do know that Islam is a supremacist ideology which spread at the point of the sword, right? That it expunged Christianity from its birthplace n the middle east through military conquest, conquered the Byzantine Empire and wiped out Christianity from Asia Minor, invaded Europe countless times, controlling Spain, Southern France and much of Central and Eastern Europe? Ravaged the Indian sub continent in horrendously brutal conflicts?

Islam and Christianity have been in a state of periodic war for fourteen centuries.
This is not new. To quibble over who "killed who first" is not only to accept the Islamist narrative in the most extraordinarily self hating way. It demonstrates profound historical ignorance.

I think you should read some history books if you think the Americans were not involved in wars Afghanistan and other areas in that region prior to 2001. But that doesn't suit your narrative.

ps I am neither pro-Islam nor a leftie. But again, that doesn't fit your narrative, does it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending