The Student Room Group

Study needs assesment and location?

Hi,

This evening I got an email telling me that my Disabled Student Allowance has been approved. I need to book a study needs assessment and my local assessment centers are, of course, universities. None of these local universities are my firm choice (one is my insurance though) so I am wondering if I go to one of these places anyway and they get in touch with my firm if I get the grades, or I wait until results day to do the assessment? It says to do it as soon as I can but I am going to do it after my a-level exams.

I am a little confused. :tongue:

Many thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Hi,

This evening I got an email telling me that my Disabled Student Allowance has been approved. I need to book a study needs assessment and my local assessment centers are, of course, universities. None of these local universities are my firm choice (one is my insurance though) so I am wondering if I go to one of these places anyway and they get in touch with my firm if I get the grades, or I wait until results day to do the assessment? It says to do it as soon as I can but I am going to do it after my a-level exams.

I am a little confused. :tongue:

Many thanks.

Where you go for your DSA assessment isn't linked to which uni you'll go to. The assessment centres are in unis simply because that's where they've been located. If given a choice, you just choose the assessment centre which is easiest for you to get to - don't delay booking your appointment. Their assessment report will be provided to whichever uni you end up attending.
Original post by Klix88
Where you go for your DSA assessment isn't linked to which uni you'll go to. The assessment centres are in unis simply because that's where they've been located. If given a choice, you just choose the assessment centre which is easiest for you to get to - don't delay booking your appointment. Their assessment report will be provided to whichever uni you end up attending.

Thank you for clearing it up for me! My exams finish around June 22nd, but I am going away for a week in early July. If I get an appointment in late June, do you think that it will be too late to wait for an appointment?
Reply 3
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Thank you for clearing it up for me! My exams finish around June 22nd, but I am going away for a week in early July. If I get an appointment in late June, do you think that it will be too late to wait for an appointment?

I doubt many people will be having them much sooner than that. Just get it done as early as you can - you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending