The Student Room Group

Should I ask this girl out?

I've already asked her out already and she said that she wasn't ready for a relationship. Which I respected and I then asked a mutual friend who wouldn't lie to me was it cause she didn't like me or cause of exams we have GCSEs this year. That friend said "I don't know if she likes you or not but she has said that she doesn't want a relationship until 6th form." I want to ask her out again after her last exam. Which is next Wednesday, I think.

We are still friends. We've never been too close before I asked her out it was just a hello here and there with small talk. I got a bit closer to her before I asked her out we would talk a bunch more in school. But after I asked her out we started talking over message, we talk even more in school, she has said that to that mutual friend mentioned earlier that she trusts me and we've just chilled in school together just the 2 of us but this isn't often. I always make her laugh I don't know if it's because my jokes are actually funny as I am sort of a 'class clown' or if it's cause she likes me. When we talk we make eye contact which I've heard is a good sign.
Reply 1
I forgot to mention please be as honest as possible my feelings won't be hurt.
Reply 2
You can try to make it look like it's not a date. Maybe on the way from classes, offer her to have an ice-cream somewhere. Or coffee. Or pizza.
Make it look naturally. Not like something you've planned before, causeyour plans put responsibility on her, which she wants to avoid.
And if she refuses, try to not to look upset. Take it with smile and some phrase like "Ok, but next time you can't say no", jokingly, of course, but it will be a sign as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Kichunia
You can try to make it look like it's not a date. Maybe on the way from classes, offer her to have an ice-cream somewhere. Or coffee. Or pizza.
Make it look naturally. Not like something you've planned before, causeyour plans put responsibility on her, which she wants to avoid.
And if she refuses, try to not to look upset. Take it with smile and some phrase like "Ok, but next time you can't say no", jokingly, of course, but it will be a sign as well.

Wouldn't she know my ulterior motives. It's a good plan I like it it's just she would probably know I'm basically asking her out at this point.
Reply 4

Also I forget to mention she would always say yes or maybe. She's that type of person but will say she's busy on that day.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Wouldn't she know my ulterior motives. It's a good plan I like it it's just she would probably know I'm basically asking her out at this point.

Well, that's the point - it shouldn't look like date. If it is on the way from school - it's casual. Not officialk, no pressure, no responsibilities.

If she says "maybe", just say "All right, let's go". There is no way to escape unless she says "no", which she probably won't.
Reply 6
Well, that's the point - it shouldn't look like date. If it is on the way from school - it's casual. Not officialk, no pressure, no responsibilities.

If she says "maybe", just say "All right, let's go". There is no way to escape unless she says "no", which she probably won't.

You're smart I'll let you know if it works. I'll probably ask her sometime next week after her last exam. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending