The Student Room Group

scared of getting a third degree

by third i mean a third class grade.

i have already got extensions for assignments and exams due to my mental problems.

but i am still scared i might fail, theres just so much to do and take in

plus my project supervisor is not replying , so i have no idea what to do..

as for the exams , i am finding it hard to absorb the material...

how hard will it be for me to get a 2:2 ??
(edited 6 years ago)
It depends on how hard you make it really. If you put lots of effort into it you will get a 2:2. If you leave the work till last minute you probably won't. It all depends on hard efficient work when it comes to stuff like this. Don't be scared as it will just make you doubt yourself and you will do worse in the long run. Make yourself feel positive, it helps you work better. (If your not positive about something you are doing you will do worse or stop.)

Hope this helps. :biggrin:
Aw try not to worry and keep going. Clearly you are dedicated and that will pay off in the end even if it doesn't feel like that now.
I would say 1.change your environment like go to Starbucks or work in your kitchen today etc.
2. Find new revision methods and try to make your work more basic and condensed so it doesn't feel like so much. 3. Make sure you take naps half way through revision!Even for 35mins it will do wonders 4.Eat lots of food and snacks ( popcorn, rice cakes, caramel waffles biscutes and tea etc ) constantly snacking kept me going and I had more energy.

Btw did I read this correctly? Your third degree 😮 What were the other two you did and what is this one?

Ps good luck with it all x
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by pfdavina
Aw try not to worry and keep going. Clearly you are dedicated and that will pay off in the end even if it doesn't feel like that now.

Btw did I read this correctly? Your third degree 😮 What were the other two you did and what is this one?

by third i meant third class grade
Original post by pfdavina

Ps good luck with it all x

She means getting a 3rd as in the grade x
Original post by study beats
by third i meant third class grade

Original post by Jackieox
She means getting a 3rd as in the grade x

Oooh I'm so silly!
Thanks for clearing that up 😅
i guess this is it then

its all over
Original post by study beats
by third i mean a third class grade.

i have already got extensions for assignments and exams due to my mental problems.

but i am still scared i might fail, theres just so much to do and take in

plus my project supervisor is not replying , so i have no idea what to do..

as for the exams , i am finding it hard to absorb the material...

how hard will it be for me to get a 2:2 ??

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing atm. Do you think you might benefit from interrupting your studies, taking time to get better and sitting these exams/doing this project next year? Is that an option you might be able/willing to consider?

If your project supervisor is not replying your messages, someone (ideally with some authority) needs to give him/her a kick up the backside. You need all the support you can get right now.

Are you registered with your university's disability office and is there anyone you can see there for advice/help in getting your project supervisor to reply?

As for what grade you can end up getting, that really depends on your course and the uni, as every course/uni is very difficult. I sat my undergraduate Finals (which made up 75% of my grade, with the remaining 25% being third year coursework portfolio papers) without revision and got a 2.2 (57% average) for my final classification, achieving Firsts or 2.1s in 4/6 papers (the remaining 2 I got Thirds in coz I walked out of those two exams without finishing). But it really depends on how your course works, how your brain works, and what you can manage to do with anything you're able to remember/put to use.

Try and get advice from your uni/course leaders/disability service ASAP. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending