The Student Room Group

Hate being on warfarin?

Im 17 and on warfarin for the rest of life to due a heart valve replacement in 2015. Ive been miserable ever since...easily bleeding...bruising...explaining it to people my age and im lacking socially because i dont drink due to warfarin...id rather not bother with life anymore tbh..when i see people out woth their friends having a good time i wonder 'why cant i just be a normal person my age amd go out having a good time like others..then i start comparing myself to others
Hm yea I'l be honest that sucks mate its usually older people on it but if you need to take it then you need to take it. Many people are on medications of some sort
Original post by xdmccann
Im 17 and on warfarin for the rest of life to due a heart valve replacement in 2015. Ive been miserable ever since...easily bleeding...bruising...explaining it to people my age and im lacking socially because i dont drink due to warfarin...id rather not bother with life anymore tbh..when i see people out woth their friends having a good time i wonder 'why cant i just be a normal person my age amd go out having a good time like others..then i start comparing myself to others

There are alternatives to warfarin such as rivaroxaban. They don't have the side effects of warfarin. Ask your gp. If you are down because you are on lifelong meds then think how much worse it could be insulin, soil in Tec. Ask gp for rivaroxaban. It is more expensive so if you seem to be coping they don't tend to offer it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending