The Student Room Group

Is it too early?

Been with my gf a month and a week, pretty sure she loves me but we've not said the words. I think I love her too.
Is it too early to say it and I should wait a few month to see or is it perfectly normal? All of her actions and words sound like she loves me back I'm just afraid I'll say it too early and scare her off or sound less manly.
Original post by Anonymous
Been with my gf a month and a week, pretty sure she loves me but we've not said the words. I think I love her too.
Is it too early to say it and I should wait a few month to see or is it perfectly normal? All of her actions and words sound like she loves me back I'm just afraid I'll say it too early and scare her off or sound less manly.

As a blanket rule I would say that is too early*, it is too easy to confuse love with infatuation. Love is something that stands the test of time, and lasts beyond the honeymoon period.

Keep appreciating her, keep taking her out on dates etc and see how it goes.

* don't ask me how long because I can't define a set time, I can only say when it is too early :lol: it is not necessarily an amount of time that needs to pass, but what happens during that time (hence there is a correlation with time)
(edited 6 years ago)
Your afraid, You fcking pussy
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I was with a guy about three weeks and we exchanged I love you's. I would have done it after two weeks but was scared like you are.

That guy is now my Husband!!!

I say when you know you know!! Worst that can happen is she might say she is falling in love with you but not ready to say it yet. I don't think it will scare her off as it's not like it's your first date!!
My ex told me he loved me a week into the relationship. Yeah. You can see how that played out (SPOILER: I'm a bitter old hag now)
What's the rush in saying it too early or being afraid of your emotions? When it's right you'll know when to say it and you shouldn't care about how it comes out because if she loves you back, she won't judge you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
As a blanket rule I would say that is too early*, it is too easy to confuse love with infatuation. Love is something that stands the test of time, and lasts beyond the honeymoon period.

Keep appreciating her, keep taking her out on dates etc and see how it goes.

* don't ask me how long because I can't define a set time, I can only say when it is too early :lol: it is not necessarily an amount of time that needs to pass, but what happens during that time (hence there is a correlation with time)

I thought it might've been too early, and wondered if I should maybe wait for her to say the words first, but at the same time it just feels right and true. I get the whole thing you're saying about waiting for the honeymoon phase to pass though.

Original post by Mrs_B
I was with a guy about three weeks and we exchanged I love you's. I would have done it after two weeks but was scared like you are.

That guy is now my Husband!!!

I say when you know you know!! Worst that can happen is she might say she is falling in love with you but not ready to say it yet. I don't think it will scare her off as it's not like it's your first date!!

Well that is reassuring to hear, as i said her actions and words really give off the impression she's head over heels for me, but having only been 5 weeks, I don't want to rush her. I'm meeting her parents soon, perhaps I'll wait until after that and judge, or maybe I'll just wait for her to say it first.

Original post by saharan_skies
My ex told me he loved me a week into the relationship. Yeah. You can see how that played out (SPOILER: I'm a bitter old hag now)
What's the rush in saying it too early or being afraid of your emotions? When it's right you'll know when to say it and you shouldn't care about how it comes out because if she loves you back, she won't judge you.

Ha, yep a week is a tad too early! I'm only at 5 weeks, so you can understand my trepidation. It feels right, and her actions make think she's the same, but I think I'll just wait for her to say it first...
Don't say it yet! Definitely wait it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending