The Student Room Group

pregnancy test

i took n early pregnancy test and im not due my period till next thursday and got a very faint positive so faint u can only see it in a set lighting however it is there if u look closely now i dont know if this means im in very early stages or its an indent or evaporation line.it was a pink dye test btw
Reply 1
Do read the instructions on the test kit for the best time to conduct the test (you may be too early for this test) - but I would repeat the test again after next Thursday or the first day after any missed period (if your periods are regular) Most tests are pretty accurate if you follow the instructions. If you are really concerned that you may be pregnant get some early professional advice and ask at your local pharmacy or GP service about the options open to you if you have any options in a window of time for a 'morning after pill'

First response requires two pink lines for a positive pregnancy test.

If your test is positive make sure you get some early professional advice and support for yourself (your GP or healthcare practice) and give yourself as much time as you can to talk through your options and your circumstances about how you feel. There is no such thing as just 'a little bit pregnant'

Use NHS 111 and ask about local advice & support (even if your test is negative you can review birth control measures and your own sexual health)

If you need support to talk through any pregnancy related matters:

British Pregnancy Advisory Service
https://www.bpas.org - use their web site Q&A
Tel 03457 30 40 30 for a helpline or call back

I hope everything works out for you what ever the result - if it positive and it is the last thing on this planet you wanted, you will survive and you may not believe it but you are capable of far more than you ever thought possible. Do make sure that your decisions you make are your decisions and that you do not feel pressured by anyone else to do what they think you should do. This is far too important an issue for that to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest