The Student Room Group

worried about uni please help

hi so during my gcses i had terrible exenuating circumstances which include personal illness and surgery as well as bereavement during my exams so i got lower than predicted how i still got Bs and above but i was predicted all A*s and for my AS i've gotten all As and im predicted 4 A*s at a2 ik this seems good but im worried about my gcses holding me back as i want to apply to really competitive unis but if i mention my circumstances during my gcses what are the odds? sorry if i seem ungrateful or like im bragging btw that really isnt my intention i guess im just overthinking
Reply 1
Original post by sazsus
hi so during my gcses i had terrible exenuating circumstances which include personal illness and surgery as well as bereavement during my exams so i got lower than predicted how i still got Bs and above but i was predicted all A*s and for my AS i've gotten all As and im predicted 4 A*s at a2 ik this seems good but im worried about my gcses holding me back as i want to apply to really competitive unis but if i mention my circumstances during my gcses what are the odds? sorry if i seem ungrateful or like im bragging btw that really isnt my intention i guess im just overthinking

If you do have extenuating circumstances for GCSE's, then that part shouldn't matter that much. As you know, by far A-Levels matter a lot more and all A*s at A2 does give you a better chance. Other factors like where to applied and for what course also have to be considered, as well as the general strength of your application.
Original post by sazsus

Your referee can mention it. Only a few Unis have a GCSE policy beyond Maths and English.
Reply 3
Original post by S2M
If you do have extenuating circumstances for GCSE's, then that part shouldn't matter that much. As you know, by far A-Levels matter a lot more and all A*s at A2 does give you a better chance. Other factors like where to applied and for what course also have to be considered, as well as the general strength of your application.

thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Your referee can mention it. Only a few Unis have a GCSE policy beyond Maths and English.

thank you!!
Reply 5
Original post by sazsus
thank you :smile:

No problem. :smile:
Yeah you should be ok tbh I was a bit shocked you felt able to sit the exams after all that my old school said if you are unable to sit the exam for a long time then you'll be given the predicted grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending