The Student Room Group

When girls answer with one word texts

So I've know this girl for about a year at where we work. Meet up around 2-3 times every week and we get along pretty well but we haven't hanged outside of work. I want to get to know her so I was thinking about asking for her number but instead she asks me for my Snapchat details (which I don't have so instead just ask for her number).

So I started the convo last night and let's just say this was the definition of one word responses:

6:38pm Me: heyy how's your day been. This is *name* btw now some random stalker *****.
9:47pm Her: haha I know its you. I had your number saved from when there was that work group chat.
9:54pm Me: Good times, how was work today?
11:29pm Her: it was alright
(Next day)
9:38am Me: oh yeah, congrats again btw on that triple distinction! (At this point I put some random gif of someone dancing and saying she reminds me of that)
11:34am Her: 😂😂😂. Thanks 😊.
12:05am Me: so do you have any ideas about what to do after college?
3:51pm Her: Naa not really.
4:56pm: Me: you're really not good at this 🤣
20:06pm: Her: Naa 😂
20:11pm: Me: lol I knew you're were gonna answer with a one word response 😂. (At this point I had **** all to say, I just talk about how my fish just died on me)
20:30pm Her: oh no 😢

And that's it. It's so strange because not only did she ask for my Snapchat first but in person we get along really well. Am I doing something wrong here or is just not a texting person? Thx guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Small talk is usually boring, you're not making good conversation there.

Also some people aren't good at texting anyway so you should just ask her to hang out after work.
Reply 2
Talk about the weather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending