The Student Room Group

Can i finance at lamborghini at 17?

Scroll to see replies

Is this guy joking?
He is making 15k a year😂!
That's below the national average in the UK fool.And you want a car that costs several time the average car.How do you think you'll afford it,just tell me,Please do?😅
And I doubt you'll be making 6 figures and not that you'll have six figures at 15K a year even after tax(Not to mention basic life expenses).Especially in business administration initially.
You even said your parents are not rich so where do you think this money will come from.Did you really expect to gt rich from business admin?Hehe
And Also for your information the so called "High life" is (if existent) and idea for actual businessmen who make literally 7 figures(not 5 nor admin.).

Before you start going on about how people are apparently "jealous".Hehe.You are either joking or actually deluded.Do you consider your earnings actually high?Im serious.You know you won't be able to afford it leave alone most new cars(such as a VW)

My parents are well of(surgeons) and I'm an aspiring surgeon and my first car would be a new Mercedes A class automatic-Approx.£32,000.This is also considered relatively in the upper vale where I live but not too fancy.The people I know who are getting 100k plus first cars are either financing heavily but all of them have one common trend and there parents are very welathy(Not just well of).

Please please explain?😌
Period.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by VNN

My parents are well of(surgeons) and I'm an aspiring surgeon and my first car would be a new Mercedes A class automatic-Approx.£32,000.This is also considered relatively in the upper vale where I live but not too fancy.The people I know who are getting 100k plus first cars are either financing heavily but all of them have one common trend and there parents are very welathy(Not just well of).

Please please explain?😌
Period.

Another wonder-kid came to show off.
Your insurance premium for that car at THAT age will probably end up outweighing the costs of the car itself
Reply 43
😥 why can't my insurance be cheap like yours for a beautiful car 😒

@hazzer1998

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fadel
Another wonder-kid came to show off.

Just making a point by example.
this was so funny - I don't know whether it was the kid in the OP or the subsequent one with the Mercedes that made me laugh more.

Thanks guys!
Original post by TheMindGarage
Don't do it - this is a sure-fire way to end up with MASSIVE debt. People buying new cars they can't really afford on finance (especially in the USA) is a big problem, and some experts think it could be a repeat of the subprime mortage crisis of 2008.

For a start, you have to be 18 to finance a car. Even if you managed that, the payments would be well over £1,000 per month. Add to that the fuel costs (these are gas-guzzlers, so call it £3,600 per year (10k miles @ 15mpg @ £1.20/litre). At your age, insurance will be totally ridiculous for such a car. I have no idea how much it'd cost, but got to be at least £10,000 per year if you want full coverage. Then the annual repairs and maintenance which could set you back thousands per year. If you scrape your two-metre-wide Lamborghini, you could get a bill for many thousands. So all in all, you're looking at tens of thousands per year to own a car like that. Can you afford that?

Why do you need a nice car at this age? I'd love to own one of these cars (I'm partial to an Audi R8 V10 or McLaren 570S myself), but it's much better to wait until you're older, have more money and insurance is cheaper. You've probably got 70 years ahead of you - there's plenty of time for nice cars. Also, if you only drive supercars, you'll never experience slower cars. The slower the car you drive, the more you can floor it and enjoy it.

If you really want a nice car at a young age, drive a used hatchback for the next few years to prove to insurers that you're a good driver, then get something cheap and sporty like a Toyota GT86.

that car looks amazing buddy, thankyou. How much would insurance be for that at 17? and do you have any other option similar to the Toyota GT86 which are cheaper but look great and not bad for fuel and not a massive engine?
Child
Reply 48
Original post by MrCole&Co
that car looks amazing buddy, thankyou. How much would insurance be for that at 17? and do you have any other option similar to the Toyota GT86 which are cheaper but look great and not bad for fuel and not a massive engine?

So you've recalibrated your expectations then. That's a good start.. still a way to go though given your circumstances.
Original post by MrCole&Co

Insurance would probably be quite expensive as a new driver, but it's viable as a second car. Only problem is that it's quite expensive even if you buy used because it's depreciated so little. If I were you, I'd get a used hatchback as a first car, then buy a nice car later on.

It isn't awful for fuel, but it has rather short gearing and high cruising RPM on the motoway. It's engine is reasonably small at 2 litres and no turbos. A few somewhat similar cars:

Mazda MX-5 - available with a 1.5 or 2-litre engine. Less powerful than the GT86 but lighter.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe (used) - available with a 2-litre turbo or a 3.8 V6.

Nissan 350z (used) - 3.5-litre V6.

Toyota Celica (used) - the 7th generation is front-wheel-drive but looks like a slightly older GT86. Has a 1.8-litre engine.

Again, insurance will be very expensive so probably not a good idea for a first car.
Good luck finding someone who will insure you
Reply 51
Original post by TheMindGarage
Again, insurance will be very expensive so probably not a good idea for a first car.

And not doable for a 17 year old on a £15k salary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending