The Student Room Group

Anyone else going on holiday they ain't excited for?

I'm going spain this year, but I just ain't looking forward to it... My family love the sun, and that's all they care about, I love to explore different places instead... I know I should be more grateful, but I can't help it.
firstly.... AYEEEE shoutout XO!

secondly, i totally feel you. me and my family went to Rome last year and initially i was just so not excited at all. i'd looked online on google images and the pictures of old ruins didn't exactly exciten me. i'd much rather go to somewhere like Venice instead.

HOWEVER when we went there, and i got to see the city in person, it was so amazingly beautiful and i instantly got excited. i really plan to go to Rome some day again, and i can't wait until i do.

it's perfectly okay to not be excited at first about your holiday. often we don't really know the good things we're about to experience until we actually truly experience them, so you can't really get excited in advance. remember that even though you're going to spain primarily for the sun and i'm guessing the beaches, it's an entirely different culture and an entirely different environment to what you've been used to. you'll see so much different architecture and try so many different foods, i guarantee you it'll be an adventure in itself, there's nothing more fun than exploring the unknown. even though you may not be excited now, you'll have tons of fun on holiday and it'll turn out to still be a great time :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ryanthom100
I'm going spain this year, but I just ain't looking forward to it... My family love the sun, and that's all they care about, I love to explore different places instead... I know I should be more grateful, but I can't help it.

are you craving blood?

hmm you dont like the sun

diagnosis: vampire but not the sh*tty ones that sparkle

i am going to norway and i am not excited i just want to stay in leeds :frown:
Original post by PhilDanthropist
are you craving blood?

hmm you dont like the sun

diagnosis: vampire but not the sh*tty ones that sparkle

i am going to norway and i am not excited i just want to stay in leeds :frown:

Naa I do like the sun, just don't like relaxing in it, I like exploring
Original post by Ryanthom100
Naa I do like the sun, just don't like relaxing in it, I like exploring

Do u have to go?
yes lol, i mean i would rather be in spain than at home, just for a different area to wake up in for 2 weeks, but just not excited to the point of where i would spend that money
Reply 6
That's fantastic, low expectations yield great happiness!
Original post by ashaxo99
firstly.... AYEEEE shoutout XO!

secondly, i totally feel you. me and my family went to Rome last year and initially i was just so not excited at all. i'd looked online on google images and the pictures of old ruins didn't exactly exciten me. i'd much rather go to somewhere like Venice instead.

HOWEVER when we went there, and i got to see the city in person, it was so amazingly beautiful and i instantly got excited. i really plan to go to Rome some day again, and i can't wait until i do.

it's perfectly okay to not be excited at first about your holiday. often we don't really know the good things we're about to experience until we actually truly experience them, so you can't really get excited in advance. remember that even though you're going to spain primarily for the sun and i'm guessing the beaches, it's an entirely different culture and an entirely different environment to what you've been used to. you'll see so much different architecture and try so many different foods, i guarantee you it'll be an adventure in itself, there's nothing more fun than exploring the unknown. even though you may not be excited now, you'll have tons of fun on holiday and it'll turn out to still be a great time :smile:

I've already been there once for 2 weeks, there is nothing to explore lol, its like a desert.

Quick Reply

Latest